No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire-Nishioka, Rios-Alvarado: Ticket Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire-Nishioka, Rios-Alvarado: Ticket Information

CARSON, CALIF. – The Super Powers of the junior featherweight and the junior welterweight divisions will do more than flex their muscles when they battle for supremacy, mano a mano, in a sensational night of championship boxing. Top-Five pound for pound fighter and four-division world champion NONITO “Filipino Flash” DONAIRE (29-1, 18 KOs), a native of General Santos City, Philippines, now living in the Bay Area of San Leandro, Calif., will risk his junior featherweight world title against fellow super bantamweight champion TOSHIAKI NISHIOKA (39-4-3, 24 KOs), of Hyogo, Japan. And in the second main event, former world lightweight champion BRANDON “Bam Bam” RIOS (30-0-1, 21 KOs), from Oxnard, Calif., will take on No. 1 contender “Mile High” MIKE ALVARADO (33-0, 23 KOs) of Denver, where undefeated records and world rankings will be at risk. Promoted by Top Rank®, in association with Teiken Promotions, the Donaire vs. Nishioka / Rios-Alvarado championship doubleheader will take place Saturday, October 13 under the stars at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. Both fights will be televised Live on HBO Boxing After Dark, beginning at 10 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast.)

[Click Here To Read More]

At those prices this event should sell out. If not southern Cali shouldnt be considered a boxing crazy region anymore. This card would sell out in a heartbeat anywhere in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      At those prices this event should sell out. If not southern Cali shouldnt be considered a boxing crazy region anymore. This card would sell out in a heartbeat anywhere in Texas.
      it's not that southern california isn't a good place for boxing,it is,it just depends on who is fighting,look at donaires last fight there,not very good attendance,it's just the fighter and to me donaire isn't that big of a draw because when you a draw you bring people in wherever

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        it's not that southern california isn't a good place for boxing,it is,it just depends on who is fighting,look at donaires last fight there,not very good attendance,it's just the fighter and to me donaire isn't that big of a draw because when you a draw you bring people in wherever
        Yea Donaires been kinda boring lately. They should bump Rios/Alvarado up to the main event, they'd definately sell out then. I dont think Filipinos love Donaire as much as Bob Arum claims.

Comment

at $150 for the top priced seats anyone local would have to be either broke or stupid to miss out on that card.
          Top Rank have given up a great card at a working mans price, something seems fishy lol?

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
            There's a lot of Filipino American's (Pinoys?) in southern California, I was actually surprised at how low the attendance was for Donaire's last fight.

This card should do a lot better though, it should be an action packed night of boxing.

Comment

Nishioka is gonna dance around Donaire.

Comment

damn i wish this fight was in texas, i got rios n nishi winning, but i want donaire wto win but either fights is a toss up, i kno donaire wont go with the same game plan he had in last fight im guessing he will be smarter, but i just think nishi is the better n naturally bigger fighter, great fight top rank finally delivering the fans

Comment

Great boxing card for a great price.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    Nishioka is gonna dance around Donaire.
                    i don't know about that,nishioka's age seems to quickly have caught up to him,he didnt look that good against another aging fighter in marquez,i think nishioka isn't the same fighter he was even 2 years ago,

Comment

Working...
                    X