No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma vs Gamboa Fight Delay is Explained By Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma vs Gamboa Fight Delay is Explained By Arum

Only one thing separates southpaw WBO king Juan Manuel Lopez and WBA and IBF titlist Yuriorkis Gamboa from engaging in a higly-ancitipated and highly-touted clash of unbeaten featherweights: Money.

[Click Here To Read More]

Ugh. It's always money. I know it's a business, but is this fight really not big enough right now?

Comment

Wow so bob arum actually does have control????

Comment

Juanma will bring in a big puerto rican crowd and he is also known by the casual fans in the us. Gamboa will bring in the hardcore and casual fan also. You have this fight in NY or Atlantic city and it should sell very well, so stop it bob. Even my wife and girlfriends in PR know about Juanma and Gamboa. This fight is ready, get errr done!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Ugh. It's always money. I know it's a business, but is this fight really not big enough right now?
          It's sad, really. Bobs motto has become (or is more apparent) "How little can I give to get ME a lot back?" He makes no bones about it either. The "real" fans will never forget reading -

'**** the hardcore fans'.
          Love,
          Bob Arum

He's a snake oil salesman who shows up at your door step with a turd, and tries to sell it as perfume.

Comment

Originally posted by vrodz View Post
            Juanma will bring in a big puerto rican crowd and he is also known by the casual fans in the us. Gamboa will bring in the hardcore and casual fan also. You have this fight in NY or Atlantic city and it should sell very well, so stop it bob. Even my wife and girlfriends in PR know about Juanma and Gamboa. This fight is ready, get errr done!!!!!
            Let it cook and boil for awhile......

Both fighters are known in their respective countries but lacks PPV exposure in the US of A which would bring in the money needed to pay these fighters.....it's business with Arum and the networks......I'm sure both fighters want a 7 figure earnings for the match

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              apparently hbo doesn't think so.

lopez vs gamboa>>>pascal vs hopkin

i don't see why hbo won't pay 3 million.

Comment

Firat of all arum juanma is a bigger draw then bradley and alexander and can make big money fights with the pr fanbase alone but he is a known fighter gamboa has little fanbase and cant draw in a crowd all those fans that night were there for diaz and kennedy your trying to build up gamboa fan base but it wont happen and why make ua wait when we all kno lopez will ko gamboa and is on another level and will be compared to miguel cotto and tito trinidad gamboa will never be a big star hes just a hype fighter for juanma to beat juanma has bigger fish to fry like the 130 and 135 division fights with maybe rios jmm katsidas the ghost

Comment

Arum is just bullahitting to protect gamboa from getting ktfo and he can cash on both but I dont see the point gamboa will never be a star like juanma

Comment

I didn't even read the article. I know the fight won't happen anytime soon. Fall 2014 at the earliest.

Comment

Working...
                    X