No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Bradley vs. Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Bradley vs. Marquez

The last several weeks of boxing have been overrun with fights that have proven to be as much of a mismatch in the ring as they were on paper. The lone exception was Julio Cesar Chavez Jr’s narrow win over Bryan Vera, a fight that was much closer than anticipated only due to the victor’s lackadaisical approach to the sport.

There is no such cause for a letdown in preparation from either participant in tonight’s event. Tim Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez always both come to fight, and their pay-per-view headliner at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas is viewed as a virtually even fight.

Bradley arrives on stage on the strength of his courageous, off-the-canvas points win over Ruslan Provodnikov in their Fight of the Year contender this past March. The performance helped remove a lot of the bad taste from the mouths of those who still haven’t completely gotten over his controversial decision win over Manny Pacquiao last June.

There was no such doubt in Marquez’ most recent performance versus the Filipino, scoring a shocking one-punch 6th round knockout in their epic fourth fight last December. The feat gave the former four-division champ the type of career-defining win he had sought ever since his 12-round draw with Pacquiao way back in May ’04. Marquez was 0-2-1 in their series, with all three distance fights met with some sort of controversy, but he erased all doubt late last year to breathe new life into his career.

Can the 40-year old future Hall of Famer keep the momentum going, even on the heels of a 10-month layoff? Or is Bradley too young, too fresh and too good for the ring veteran?

Read on to see how the staff at Boxingscene.com believes tonight’s action will go down.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Marquez all day everyday.

Comment

To me, Bradley has shown some cracks his last two fights. Marquez, on the other hand, just won his career-defining win in spectacular fashion. I think JMM gets the 'W' and fifth weight world title, while 'Desert Storm' takes his first (official) loss.

Comment

I have respect for Bradley but hes just a B level fighter with good heart. Nothing really special. He got a gift with the pac fight and barely made it out with other B level fighters. If he wins then I got a knew found respect for him but I cant see it happening. marquez is to smart and accurate

Comment

JMM catches Bradley with a counter overhand right. Bradley stumbles to the ropes and gets pummeled into a TKO. This will happen within 5.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Marquez all day everyday.
            I like tim tonight. I think he knows he needs this fight and should be able to use his speed effectively.

Comment

Bandwagon fans proven wrong again. Styles make fights. Marquez can never look good against boxers. Another Chris John type of mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
                Bandwagon fans proven wrong again. Styles make fights. Marquez can never look good against boxers. Another Chris John type of mistake.
                look at you bumping threads and making predictions after the fights over.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
                  look at you bumping threads and making predictions after the fights over.
                  He's not making predicitions, he's stating facts here...

Bradley won! fact, buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                    JMM catches Bradley with a counter overhand right. Bradley stumbles to the ropes and gets pummeled into a TKO. This will happen within 5.
                    who did the duck dance?

Comment

Working...
                    X