No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yamanaka vs. Darchinyan: The Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yamanaka vs. Darchinyan: The Pre-Fight Report Card

by Cliff Rold - On Friday, the fight of the week will take place at the International Forum in Tokyo, Japan. Contested for the WBC Bantamweight belt, one fighter has a chance to get his name some global juice while the other has a chance to extend his time as a player near the top.

The latter is the more familiar to U.S. readers. Vic Darchinyan has been a fixture on the boxing landscape for most of a decade, the rare standout among the smaller classes to make a dent in America’s boxing conscious. His challenge of Yamanaka will be his third attempt at a major title in a third class, twice having fallen short at 118 lbs. against Joseph Agbeko and Anselmo Moreno.

Bantamweight generally has been a tough class for Darchinyan with three of four career losses occurring since rising on the scale after title stints at 112 and 115 lbs. Part of the struggles has been about quality of competition as Darchinyan was part of what was a minefield at Bantamweight. There is also the clock. He’s not getting any younger and, after taking a thumping his last time out, is this Darchinyan’s last chance? [Click Here To Read More]

Even though Vic Darchynian went into a turtle like survival defense vs Mares I still have great respect for him because he's at least willing to test himself against the best of all styles. That's much more than can be said about most of the top 10 P4Pers today.

Comment

Like I said I got Yamanaka in this one. I believe Darchi is just being used as a stepping stone from now on.

Comment

Will there be a stream for this?

Comment

Working...
        X