No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Pirog's Return Is Cancelled, No Date Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Pirog's Return Is Cancelled, No Date Set

According to local sources in Krasnodar, Southern Russia, the return of former WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (20-0, 15 KOs), which was scheduled to take place in March, is once again cancelled. Pirog, who was forced to relinquish his WBO title in 2012 and is now rated #3 in the newest WBO's ranks, is said to be still sufferring from severe problems with his back - the same problems he had experienced before the Javier Maciel fight in March 2011 and later after his most recent win over Nobuhiro Ishida in May 2012. Pirog, 32, missed the date of pre-planned recovery. No certain dates or plans regarding the career of the undefeated boxer, have been yet announced by his doctors or Pirog himself.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Retirement is next

Comment

This dudes career went no where fast. Now 32 years old and still clinging onto a victory against prospect Danny Jacobs. Pirogs team is right up there for the worst.

Comment

Owned....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Retirement is next
          I was thinking the same thing, the ruptured disk in his back will always be factor and unfortunately back surgery won't help his career out much.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            This dudes career went no where fast. Now 32 years old and still clinging onto a victory against prospect Danny Jacobs. Pirogs team is right up there for the worst.
            Boxing ironies: after his huge upset win over highly touted prospect Danny Jacobs, Pirog has done nothing notable to capitalize on the win and has been inactive for the past year. Danny Jacobs, on the other hand, has gotten healthy and has put his career back on track after a few KO wins. Jacobs is now scheduled to face tough journeyman Billy Lyell in March...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Boxing ironies: after his huge upset win over highly touted prospect Danny Jacobs, Pirog has done nothing notable to capitalize on the win and has been inactive for the past year. Danny Jacobs, on the other hand, has gotten healthy and has put his career back on track after a few KO wins. Jacobs is now scheduled to face tough journeyman Billy Lyell in March...
              Billy Lyell sounds familiar...

Comment

Turned that knockout win over Jacobs into absolutely nothing.

Comment

I guess some people don't understand what injury means.

It's a shame about his back, a Golovkin fight would have been awesome. Hope he recovers.

Comment

if i were pirog i would take a fight with golovkin and just take a dive in the first round. probably make a good 500k or so. then again i'm a bi-tch like mayweather. pirog probably has more class and self respect.

Comment

Working...
                    X