No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Pirog will fight 8/15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin vs Pirog will fight 8/15

Dan Rafael's twitter. Can't post because I'm on my phone.

Thank you boxing gods.

Wow this is great news! Green K

Comment

Geale vs Sturm in Germany as well, it gets better!

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
      I'm told Dmitry Pirog meets Gennady Golovkin 8/25 on @HBOboxing sted of Daniel Geale, who's instead going to Germany to face Felix Sturm 9/1

Comment

Nice...............

Comment

Golovkin and Pirog have chance too make a real statement.

Comment

Gonna be interesting. Both of these guys are stepping up to the plate. Be interesting to see who wins it.

Comment

So I think this means Golovkin will have the full WBA belt now.

Comment

Too good to be true. Pirog got his hand forced and now they both have a solid opponent...how about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  So I think this means Golovkin will have the full WBA belt now.
                  Probably not since its a unification. WBA will most likely give Sturm a pass like they always do and just say it's because of that.

And since Golovkin already has the regular WBA title, it solves the problem of Pirog's stupid mandatory as well.

Both match ups are great. I think Im a little more interested in Geale-Sturm for some reason though.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    Probably not since its a unification. WBA will most likely give Sturm a pass like they always do and just say it's because of that.

And since Golovkin already has the regular WBA title, it solves the problem of Pirog's stupid mandatory as well.

Both match ups are great. I think Im a little more interested in Geale-Sturm for some reason though.
                    I think it makes more sense that Sturm paid Geale big money to fight him instead of Pirog. That way Sturm can drop the WBA belt and will never have to worry about fighting Golovkin again, but he'll still have a wold title with the IBF. He's been avoiding 1 mandatory for a couple years. I doubt he'll want to worry about avoiding 2 mandatories now.

Comment

Working...
                    X