Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Berto/Peterson were tested by USADA, not VADA, same results or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Berto/Peterson were tested by USADA, not VADA, same results or not?

I think this shows VADA and the likes are kinda useless, now that nothing happened to Berto and Peterson is still champion. So unless boxing implements a standard, random drug testing program, using 3rd parties like VADA doesn't really accomplish anything, other than cancelling a couple solid fights.

My question though is if these two fighters who tested dirty by VADA, if they were using the Floyd standard, the USADA, what would have happened then? I wonder what differences USADA has compared to VADA and if they would have done the same thing or not, or perhaps allowed/suggested Berto to fight but not peterson or what exactly.

anyways, point is boxing really needs to implement something so there is some kind of standard as clearly even testing dirty doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hopefully some day Nevada can lead the charge and other states will follow.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    I think this shows VADA and the likes are kinda useless, now that nothing happened to Berto and Peterson is still champion. So unless boxing implements a standard, random drug testing program, using 3rd parties like VADA doesn't really accomplish anything, other than cancelling a couple solid fights.

My question though is if these two fighters who tested dirty by VADA, if they were using the Floyd standard, the USADA, what would have happened then? I wonder what differences USADA has compared to VADA and if they would have done the same thing or not, or perhaps allowed/suggested Berto to fight but not peterson or what exactly.

anyways, point is boxing really needs to implement something so there is some kind of standard as clearly even testing dirty doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hopefully some day Nevada can lead the charge and other states will follow.

Thoughts?
    I don't think they were useless at all. the commissions and the orgs are gonna do wat they do but the fights didn't happen. so to me they served their purpose a fighter didn't get cheated out of a win.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      I don't think they were useless at all. the commissions and the orgs are gonna do wat they do but the fights didn't happen. so to me they served their purpose a fighter didn't get cheated out of a win.
      well yeah, that's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that "cheater" didn't get punished at all.

Also I was wondering about USADA, in particular how they would have handled Berto. If trace amounts appeared in testing, which as some say is consistent with contamination, would they have handled the situation any differently?

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        well yeah, that's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that "cheater" didn't get punished at all.

Also I was wondering about USADA, in particular how they would have handled Berto. If trace amounts appeared in testing, which as some say is consistent with contamination, would they have handled the situation any differently?
        only thing they could have done differently is not release the results. would they have? I have no clue. their behavior was very suspect in the wright/quillin fight. other than that tho they have been pretty transparent.

Comment

It is not useless other fighters have the option of stepping in the ring with a known drug cheat. The fighters not being banned is the sanctioning body's inability.

Comment

Working...
          X