No announcement yet.

The end of the Republican party?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of the Republican party?

What we witnessed last night was in my opinion, a severe blow to the Republican party as we knew it.

25-30 years ago, there was a very egocentric view of the world by Americans. We thought the world revolved around us and we created everything and anything worth while.

I think the greatest advent of the 20th century was putting a man on the moon, the second was the internet. Before you laugh at that, think about what the internet has done. Now, putting the **** and death videos aside, most of it is basically filled with free information and facts. The world was once gigantic, expansive and immense. Now the world is small, local and we can reach people in an instant.

That has changed people more than anything else. The old ways of prejudice and bigotry are dying, because the things we were told when we were children, we are finding out are nothing more than lies. That gays are that way because they were abused or into drugs, that black people are all stupid or that women shouldn't have a right to their own bodies.

Instant information due to the internet and social media, has changed that. People don't want those old ideals anymore. They don't want to see issues like immigration as just "deport everyone and build a fence" because they understand the need for cheap labor in a prosperous economy.

Watching the democratic and republican conventions and the Romney and Obama headquarters it was very apparent what the major difference was. When I looked out on the Romeny HQ and the Republican convention, I saw a sea of white........that's not America.

We are all things, brown, black, asian, jew, muslim, christian, atheist, gay, straight, male, female, liberal and conservative. We are many things and until the republican party moves from the far right, they are in serious trouble.

O'Reilly came on Foxnews last night and said "The country is different, the demographics have changed. It's not the same as it was".

Translation: We are not white, male, conservative anymore.

Republicans lost women, hispanics, blacks and the young people. That leaves white people over 65 for the republicans. Not a good sign and they better change or we might never see another republican in office again.

You realize Marco Rubio is going to win in 2016 right?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Just like Romney had it in the bag too right?

Hispanics are now the biggest minority in the U.S. You keep up with these racist policies like there are in Arizona and Georgia, you won't get the Hispanic vote yet again.

Rubio, Christie, not anyone will help the republicans until they move towards the center. The tea baggers lost 11 senate seats...why? Because they moved too far right.

Americans are tired of extremism.

Comment

Yea right.

Comment

actually if president Obama doesn't flip this country around to the better like he promised four years ago, I believe the end of the Democratic party will be in 2016.

Comment

He's going to run - that much is a lock. He'll run right into Hillary and her MILF powers.

Republicans are yesterdays news and party. A multicultural society isnt what they encapsulate.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                actually if president Obama doesn't flip this country around to the better like he promised four years ago, I believe the end of the Democratic party will be in 2016.
                I think people are realizing how ****ty both parties are..hopefully this will create more interest in a third party.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  You didn't read a word I posted did you?

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                  He's going to run - that much is a lock. He'll run right into Hillary and her MILF powers.

Republicans are yesterdays news and party. A multicultural society isnt what they encapsulate.
                  Yup, pretty much. The tea baggers backfired so badly on the republicans it's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Just like Romney had it in the bag too right?

Hispanics are now the biggest minority in the U.S. You keep up with these racist policies like there are in Arizona and Georgia, you won't get the Hispanic vote yet again.

Rubio, Christie, not anyone will help the republicans until they move towards the center. The tea baggers lost 11 senate seats...why? Because they moved too far right.

Americans are tired of extremism.
                    The GOP doesn't have to change, Obama will destroy the economy and people will be begging to put a Republican back in the White house. Rubio is young, energetic and he's a fresh face. If that isn't enough he comes from a poor immigrant Hispanic family. He's a sure shot.

Besides Republicans still control the house.

Comment

Working...
                    X