No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Tua Livid: Monte Barrett is Just a Drugs Cheat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Tua Livid: Monte Barrett is Just a Drugs Cheat

According to a report by the Herald Online, David Tua's legal team is moving fast to have his recent loss overturned after Monte Barrett reportedly tested positive for the banned stimulant methylhex-anemine following a urine test after his August 13 in New Zealand. Barrett was nearly knocked out in the final round, but held on to win a decision over Tua after they fought to a controversial draw in the first meeting which took place in Atlantic City.

[Click Here To Read More]

Go get them Champ!

Comment

if he failed a test why wasnt it already overturned anyway?

Comment

Barrett is suspicious about the timing of this drug test revelation, coming three months after the fight in question took place. He says he has lost sleep over Tua’s besmirching of his professional reputation.

Barrett admits to using the workout supplement 1.M.R., a nitric oxide powder sold over the counter at GNC, but says he was unaware that it contained any banned ingredients. He also says he was using the supplement when he fought Charles Davis to a lethargic draw in January of this year, and did a drug test then that came up negative.

“If I would have failed a [urine] test, they would have never let me leave out of New Zealand with those belts,” says Barrett.

Read more: http://tinyurl.com/85klrhe
        Last edited by Lucky Jim; 11-30-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Jim View Post
          [B]Barrett is suspicious about the timing of this drug test revelation, coming three months after the fight in question took place. He says he has lost sleep over Tua’s besmirching of his professional reputation.

Barrett admits to using the workout supplement 1.M.R., a nitric oxide powder sold over the counter at GNC, but says he was unaware that it contained any banned ingredients. He also says he was using the supplement when he fought Charles Davis to a lethargic draw in January of this year, and did a drug test then that came up negative.

“If I would have failed a [urine] test, they would have never let me leave out of New Zealand with those belts,” says Barrett.

Read more: http://tinyurl.com/85klrhe
          Sounds about right. That "stimunlant" is in not a steroid, google it. Team Tua is in massive debt and have had to come up with some way to get a money fight again while David still has a little fight left in him.

Monte beat Tua twice now. They know damn well he'll win a third time too. This is pathetic.

Comment

Thats i looked up that substance and i think its sunflower seed oil if thats a ped what isnt

Comment

This is the stupidest **** ever. He wasn't on steroids but a sunflower seed. What the ****? Why is a sunflower seed banned? Wasn't Tua out-boxed not out muscled in those fights?

Comment

Steroids magically improved Barrett's boxing ability. Tua got outboxed because Barrett is on some magical steroids that teach boxing skills.

Comment

Geee, it would've been nice if they would've caught the steroid user "before" he knocked Tua upside the head.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Geee, it would've been nice if they would've caught the steroid user "before" he knocked Tua upside the head.
                    It's not a "steroid." It's a stimulant legally sold in a workout supplement at GNC. It's like drinking a strong cup of coffee.

Comment

Working...
                    X