No announcement yet.

Sparring Vids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Vids

well guys, I only hit the gym on Mondays, but love the sport so lets hear it, make me better guys, what yall think? Of course, ill only use it in sparring sessions, but would like to hear what yall think. Im in the white head gear up against 2 bigger southpaws, let me have it. 3 rounds of my session, 2 partners

I've only been boxing for a year and some so I won't pick up on the specific stuff but from what I can see:
    1. for some reason your ignoring your coach/peers advice to jab to keep your opponent at bay and to start your combos. Try starting with a few jabs instead of a left hook.
    2. Until the beginning of the 3rd video, your guard was pretty dismal as if you didn't seem to mind getting tagged in the face.(your opponent didn't mind tagging you in the face either).
    3. This may be an overused answer, but necessary. Work on the basics like head and foot movement, guard, conditioning, etc.
    4. Keep up the good work and good luck with this fine sport

Comment

Thanks man, I wasnt ignoring, they just werent talking to me. I go just once a week so i guess they coach the others more. they kept telling them to use the jab since I was trying to get inside. I def noticed though, I too should be jabbing A LOT more which would help me get inside. thanks again

Comment

What I noticed off jump is that your jab is no where to be found. You have to pump that jab to get in.

You're way too square; which makes your body very vulnerable because there's more to hit.

Your punches are way too wide; you need to tighten then up and have them less telegraphed

You need to keep your chin down; you're exposing it to everyone like a trophy wife. Haha

If you want to use the bob and weave style you have to do it properly. That style is used usually for counters; hence the side to side movement(leverage) When he throws those wild shots; throw a jab and bob and weave to get close enough and unleash tight shots with your guard high. Your guard was too low also.

I like your style; reminds me of my own. I have a good amount of videos on here if you wanna check it out or just hit me up for help. Good luck!

Now... putting all that together

Comment

sweet ima check your vids right now. ya man, a lot of times i know what i should be doing but just not in good enough shape to do it haha, thanks though. I guess a lot of times i just like fighting and dont mind getting hit, def going to work on stuff you guys are mentioning

Comment

Originally posted by raysan View Post
            sweet ima check your vids right now. ya man, a lot of times i know what i should be doing but just not in good enough shape to do it haha, thanks though. I guess a lot of times i just like fighting and dont mind getting hit, def going to work on stuff you guys are mentioning
            No problem.

Comment

First your head gear doesn't allow you to practice head movement its way to big all around. I can write pages of details on you but theres no time for that so listen up.
              Your first round of sparring work on two techniques and ONLY two!! example would be moving left, moving your head, and using your jab (to the head, chest, belly and back shoulder of your spar partner)
              Round two goating your opponent into you then side stepping him and throwing combinations etc etc get the point. You need to have specific techniques to work on every round until you have them in your repitiore. Sparring once a week is very difficult to learn much, thats why if you break it down using two options you'll atleast get 3 mins in on two techniques.
              Theres SO MUCH to learn on defense also and how you turn your defensive skills into offense as you work defense.
              Basic combos 1/2, then add the hook and roll under it!
              Double jab, right hand to the body, hook the head and finish with the roll under. ALWAYS finish correctly so your not standing straight up looking at what you just did, gotta Finish!! Sit down prior to sparring and talk to the trainer about breaking down basics to work on and choose which ones to do at every session. Ofcourse after 6 to 9 rounds add it all together but you will see an improvement in your techniques, I guarentee it! good luck, elbows down, don't reach with your left hook to the body. Your off balance so the punch is a slap and if you get countered you'll get moved because you have NO balance. Body shots need to be delivered close and where you can bend your knees and use your toes to dig into the flooring then shoot the shot. Ray
              Last edited by Ray Corso; 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I'll only use it in sparring sessions, but would like to hear what yall think. Im in the white head gear up against 2 bigger southpaws, let me have it.
                Last edited by Florence95; 04-04-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

vids removed... but throw the jab... lol

Comment

Im in the white head gear up against 2 bigger southpaws, let me have it.
                    Last edited by backerman7; 04-11-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X