No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Wife, Mother Asking For Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao's Wife, Mother Asking For Retirement

Philippine boxing hero Manny Pacquiao shed tears on national television on Monday, saying he had let his country down in his devastating knockout loss to his great Mexican rival Juan Manuel Marquez.

“The low morale, the sadness, I accept that. This is my job... But the reaction of the Filipinos, the many who cried, especially my family, it really hurts me,” he said in an interview on the GMA network.

The former eight-division world champion wiped tears from his eyes listening to his wife, Jinkee, make a tearful appeal on camera for her husband, who turns 34 next week, to hang up his gloves.

“When you see your husband get hurt, you cannot even sleep,” she said in the interview, conducted in the United States after Saturday’s Las Vegas bout.

Asked if she wanted her husband to retire from boxing, she said: “You know the answer to that. He knows what I am asking him”.

Pacquiao’s mother Dionisia made a separate appeal on the same station.

“I have long asked you son, it is time to retire because you started boxing at such a young age. I always pray that he will stop. I asked God to tell my son to stop,” she said.

She said she was alarmed by her son’s knock-out at the hands of Marquez in the sixth round of their non-title fight Saturday night local time in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah Manny it's time for you to retire, unless you fight Floyd.

Floyd would knock you down and you might not get up. That would be fun to see.

Comment

He should rematch Bradley and avenge that "loss" then retire.

Comment

Doesnt hurt to ask. But Manny wont let the fans down like that!

Comment

Not sure if Arum will let him go so easily. This KO was brutal though and he may never be the same

Comment

Originally posted by MTN View Post
            He should rematch Bradley and avenge that "loss" then retire.
            avenge that loss? this guy never knew how to fight, speed ad power can't get it done against the elite.which is why he lost to bradley too. he needs a new trainer to learn how to fight.hopefully his chin isnt damage.

Comment

Personally as a fan id like too see him go out on a win but his loved one's have every right too ask him too leave

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing Pac/Rios next

Comment

all boxing roads lead to floyd mayweather jr.

Comment

1 more win then retire.

Comment

Working...
                    X