Andre Ward should fight Gabriel Campillo at 175 next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward should fight Gabriel Campillo at 175 next

That's what Ward should do.

There's really no options at 168. Andre Dirrell would be a solid fight, but I can't help but think he should have to win a decent fight first, over someone like Bika before fighting a top fighter again. He already beat Froch, Kessler, Abraham, and Bika. Bute lost to Froch, and will be busy fighting a Froch rematchn ext Spring probably. Rodriguez and Stevenson are solid fighters right now, but I feel they need to beat a Top 10 fighter before fighting someone like Ward, it's too soon for those fights. And Oosthuizen wouldn't even fight Froch, so I doubt he'd come to the US to fight Ward right now. And as far as Pavlik goes, he needs to beat a Top 10 SMW first too, or he can fight Chavez Jr at 168 next Spring.

And at 175, Cloud is busy fighting Murat, and will be fighting Pascal next Spring if he wins. He already beat Dawson, and that's way too soon for a rematch. Cleverly isn't going anywhere near Ward right now or anytime soon.

The most logical choice would be Gabriel Campillo. Campillo is the Abril of the LHW, should have wins over Cloud and Murat, and he beat Shumenov. If we're being real here, Campillo really should be the IBF and WBA LHW champ right now. Aside from Dawson, he may be the best LHW right now.

That's the fight I want, and I have no doubt Campillo would go to Oakland to fight Ward, where Ward can draw big crowds. Make this fight happen.
Working...
X