Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Hype Up Angulo Because He Reminds Them Of Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do People Hype Up Angulo Because He Reminds Them Of Margarito?

Im starting to think this more and more in light of Margarito being out. He has had better outings than this past weekend but he is getting mad props all over websites.

In my opinion Rivera lasted longer than he should having taken this fight on four days notice, first time at 154, and being outweighed by alot. Rivera, who has less than stellar technique, landed pretty often on Angulo which isnt a good sign.

Maybe they should cast their faces in cement like Margo does his hands so we can compare facial features?

Comment

Andre Ward is a bum
      Nah Angulo is a good fighter, he has tons of potential. His crowd pleasing style doesnt hurt, sure. Rivera is a tough fighter, though, went the distance with and gave hell to Julio and Berto.

Comment

Well the Mexicans have to find some fighter to buttlick

Answer to your question, he's a good fighter, I dont think what you are suggesting is the case.

I never quite understood the obsession with Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          Im starting to think this more and more in light of Margarito being out. He has had better outings than this past weekend but he is getting mad props all over websites.

In my opinion Rivera lasted longer than he should having taken this fight on four days notice, first time at 154, and being outweighed by alot. Rivera, who has less than stellar technique, landed pretty often on Angulo which isnt a good sign.
          They hype him because he's mexican and they are DESPERATE for a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
            Andre Ward is a bum
            Nah Angulo is a good fighter, he has tons of potential. His crowd pleasing style doesnt hurt, sure. Rivera is a tough fighter, though, went the distance with and gave hell to Julio and Berto.
            Rivera had only FOUR days notice..He went the distance with Berto and Julio at WELTERWEIGHT and with a FULL training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrode View Post
              They hype him because he's mexican and they are DESPERATE for a hero.

Why would a Mexican be desperate when there is other good fighters from Mexico apart from Margarito/Perro??

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
                Why would a Mexican be desperate when there is other great fighters from Mexico apart from Margarito/Perro??
                I don't know.

They don't hype Izzy Vasquez at all around here..

He deserves the hype..but he's seldom mentioned.

All the hype went to Tony..and now Angulo

Comment

I don't know.

Dude, wait till Izzy fights again....you're going to see Izzy posts come up alot more than usual. Some people will start sporting new Izzy AVs, **** like that.

Comment

I don't know.

Exactly, its because they miss Margarito and Angulo IS their savior to remind them of Marg. I see many mexicans on here that dont hype skilled mexican fighters like they did the very limited Margarito, just shows some dont care for skill but rather that take three to give one style.

Comment

Working...
                    X