No announcement yet.

Vitali’s Performance Was a Tribute To Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali’s Performance Was a Tribute To Lennox Lewis

By Brent Matteo Alderson - When a fighter beats another fighter and that fighter goes on to greater success, it adds something to their conqueror’s legacy. Salvador Sanchez is a prime example of this phenomenon. [details]

I hadn't thought of that, it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      I hadn't thought of that, it's true.
      Does it though? I know Lennox got the win over Vitali but it was hardly the same type of victory that Salvador got over say Azumah or Gomez.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
        Does it though? I know Lennox got the win over Vitali but it was hardly the same type of victory that Salvador got over say Azumah or Gomez.
        A win is a win and even though it was a stoppage because of a cut, he performed much better than Peter did and the fight was going his way when it was stopped.

Comment

A win is a win and even though it was a stoppage because of a cut, he performed much better than Peter did and the fight was going his way when it was stopped.
          Sure a win is a win and I accept all that. But it seems to me as though the author is kind of trying to draw a bit of a parallel there with Sanchez and I'm not sure that fits to be honest, given that the fight was stopped on cuts and VK was ahead on points at the time.

Comment

Sure a win is a win and I accept all that. But it seems to me as though the author is kind of trying to draw a bit of a parallel there with Sanchez and I'm not sure that fits to be honest, given that the fight was stopped on cuts and VK was ahead on points at the time.
            It is a bit different from Sanchez and Nelson but Lewis still won, doesn't really matter to me if he was behind on the cards, it was a legitimate victory and that's what counts IMO.

And Sanchez vs Gomez wasn't the same, Gomez was already established by that point.

Comment

It is a bit different from Sanchez and Nelson but Lewis still won, doesn't really matter to me if he was behind on the cards, it was a legitimate victory and that's what counts IMO.

And Sanchez vs Gomez wasn't the same, Gomez was already established by that point.
              Yeah I take your point.

On a side note I always find it amusing watching past fights when one of the fighters is a future great and at the time he is pretty much unknown. The shock in the commentators voices at just how good Nelson was in that fight was pretty amusing.

Comment

Yeah I take your point.

On a side note I always find it amusing watching past fights when one of the fighters is a future great and at the time he is pretty much unknown. The shock in the commentators voices at just how good Nelson was in that fight was pretty amusing.
                Yeah, it was pretty funny listening to the commentators sounding shocked at the time about how good Nelson was but it was understandable, Azumah Nelson was a great fighter.

Comment

Yes, but every time Hasim Rahman fights, Lennox Lewis's legacy diminishes.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    By Brent Matteo Alderson - When a fighter beats another fighter and that fighter goes on to greater success, it adds something to their conqueror’s legacy. Salvador Sanchez is a prime example of this phenomenon. [details]

Then Vitali should be considered a better Heavyweight then Lennox cause Lewis only retired cause he had to face Vitali again or be stripped of his title and he chose to retire.

Comment

Working...
                    X