No announcement yet.

Cottos next fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cottos next fight

When is he fighting next and against who? Thought I heard july 16 vs margarito but now he can't fight so what's going on. Marquez, cotto, mayweather and martinez 4 out of 5 biggest names got nothing planned this is bad for sport

Don't see why Mayweather doesnt choose Cotto. Mayweather and his groupies keep saying every fighter would be easy work for Floyd and that he would "toy" with Cotto. So why not Cotto as Floyd's tune up?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Don't see why Mayweather doesnt choose Cotto. Mayweather and his groupies keep saying every fighter would be easy work for Floyd and that he would "toy" with Cotto. So why not Cotto as Floyd's tune up?
      Still lives in Puerto Rico, can't do it.

Cintron is under contract (co-promotion) with Top Rank, put that together for the PR day parade weekend, although that might be too risky and upset the Cotto-Margarito gravy train.

He might just sit out until Margs is cleared, sure he doesn't want to do that.

Comment

Steve Kim :

Good chance that Cotto-Margarito will be backed up to Sept as they await medical clearance on Marg's eye

they just wanna get full medical clearance on Marg's eye. Hearing MGM Grand is the clear front-runner to host

Comment

Margarito seems to be too damaged, Floyd will most likely not fight him.
          I really don't care much for someone like Wolak (with all due respect), even though he looked good against Foreman.
          My preferred fight would be Chavez Jr, would be a big yet easy fight, time to expose that guy.

Comment

Id like to see him in with Wolak, I know the kid has said he wants a couple fights before he takes on someone the likes of Cotto but I think its a highly entertaining fight.

Hell, why not Ishida?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Cotto can't even say Floyd's name...even when asked directly about fighting him during post fight interviews.

Sure he talk a good game to latino magazines...but when those HBO cameras are in his face...he forgets who Floyd is.

You expect Floyd to stalk him for a fight??

If doesn't work that way.

When Oscar was the top money maker....he didn't call out broke mofos.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
                Margarito seems to be too damaged
                Yeah, if he's not cleared to fight because of a fight that happened in NOVEMBER, then he needs to retire ASAP. That tells me he has extensive damage that may be permanent. Putting him in the ring against a big puncher like Cotto seems criminal to me. But there's too much money on the table I suppose.

Comment

why would anyone want to throw marquez in there with cotto? that would be murder in first degree...terrible and completely uneven match-up

Comment

Anyone have confirmation or a link on Margarito not getting cleared?

Comment

Working...
                    X