Berto considering a move down to 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto considering a move down to 140?

Gil (NYC)

Any news on Berto? Or is he hoping the Pac Mayweather falls threw ?

Dan Rafael
    (1:00 PM)

I am told he is considering a move down to 140.

Interesting....

Bryant (Pitt)

Dan did I hear you right?????? Berto at 140 will my dream fight of Berto/Alexander fight actually happen?!?

Dan Rafael
    (1:05 PM)

Yes, you heard right. MAYBE next fight in the 143ish range on his way down. I think he sees Bradley going to welterweight for his next fight and would like to get into the mix of those kind of bouts. If he can go into the lower 140s, he could maybe fight one of the big names at a catchweight without them risking their title. Or maybe he could get all the way down to 140.

Comment

That will be a challenge for Berto, as it is already tough for him to make the 147 weight limit. He may be better than some of those guys at 140, but if he's drained, he won't stand a chance.

Comment

On a side note I didn't know this...

John (Utah)

This is a question my friends and I always have had for a while. When you lose your title, do you still get to keep the physical belt you won as a "trophy" forever? There isn't one actual belt being passed around, right?
        Dan Rafael
        (1:31 PM)

Yes, you get to keep your belt as a trophy. A new one is made and sent to the new champion. On the night of a fight, usually if a new champion is crowned they basically borrow the other fighter's belt to pose with and take pictures with and then a few weeks later they get their own belt sent to them or sometimes they go to the organization headquarters and have a little press conference or ceremony to get their actual belt.

Comment

Do it then.....u cant hang with the big dogs at 147 anyaway.....

Comment

Not a good idea... those boys are on there way up anyway he needs to just fight the closest available WBC contender and then go for those guys next year at WW.

Comment

run berto run!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post

run berto run!!!
                And put down the weights.

Comment

Maidana-Berto would be fun.

Hell Berto vs any top 140 fighter would be sick.

Comment

^^^^ he want none of the welter elite

Comment

Working...
                    X