Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten stupidest things Fat Yanks say...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ten stupidest things Fat Yanks say...

... this is just in general, not specifically related to boxing, so we can miss out NSB gems like "If you [have a different opinion to me] you don't know nothin' about boxing" (Note the double negative as well) and "Boxer A beat boxer B so that means he'd freakin' OWN boxer C".

Here we go, here's a run down, I'll give you two for tonight:

1. "I could care less". Always the mark of the really stupid Yank, what makes this one so potent is that the phrase is always said with the tone of indignant insolence. It's the sound of a man laying down that defiant, dismissive smack... in their own minds. In reality, of course, the ACTUAL phrase is "I couldN'T care less" (because you don't care at all, therefore it's impossible to do so) and the 90% of Fat Yanks who say the former are making themselves sound like moronic tools.

2. "PERIOD." Another statement of "final word defiance", one that neglects the notion that period only means full stop in America, and so outside of Fat Yanks (which is, after all, 96% of the world's population) it just sounds like you've talked some crap then talked about a girl with bleeding vagina.

You fat ****ing Yanks.

Comment

Good afternoon, Anisette.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Good afternoon, Anisette.
        Hello sexy.

Comment

I could care less

There. I just did it. I care even less then I did 5 seconds ago.

Bye now.

Comment

I don't understand how anyone thinks "I could care less" makes sense. I've had people actually argue with me that it makes more sense than saying "I couldn't care less."

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I don't understand how anyone thinks "I could care less" makes sense. I've had people actually argue with me that it makes more sense than saying "I couldn't care less."
              I saw someone using 2+2=4 to argue that "I could care less" makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                2. "PERIOD." Another statement of "final word defiance", one that neglects the notion that period only means full stop in America, and so outside of Fat Yanks (which is, after all, 96% of the world's population) it just sounds like you've talked some crap then talked about a girl with bleeding vagina.

You fat ****ing Yanks.
                Actually "COULD CARE LESS" is correct according to the Oxford English Dictionary, it means not care about it. It is in this sense (c) Sc. to care na by : not to care about (it)

(e) U.S. colloq. phr. (I, etc.) could care less = sense (c) above, with omission of negative.

1966 Seattle Post-Intelligencer 1 Nov. 21/2 My husband is a lethargic, indecisive guy who drifts along from day to day. If a bill doesn't get paid he could care less.
                1973 Washington Post 5 Jan. b1/1 A few crusty-souled Republican senators who could care less about symbolic rewards.
                1978 J. Carroll Mortal Friends iii. iii. 281 ‘I hate sneaking past your servants in the morning.’ ‘They know, anyway. They could care less. Thornton mistreats them horribly.’

Comment

"I'm on a diet"

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
                    [B](e) U.S. colloq. phr.
                    My case rests.

Comment

Working...
                    X