No announcement yet.

Are there too many weight divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there too many weight divisions?

Who is the best welterweight? Who is best at 154lbs? How about middleweight? I can go on and on...I think there is too many weight divisions. They need to take everybody from the 147lbs. weight class, throw them in with the 154lbs weight class and have "true welterweight" elimination tournament to decide who truly is the best "welterweight" out there. They should do that with all the other divisions also. Thats how you find out who the best fighters overall are. Weight is being used too much as an excuse of why fighters loose. I'm tired of people saying Pavlik lost because he was too small! He's 6'-1" just like b-hop. B-hop is just a better fighter period.

I think there needs to be more classes, one for every 1.5 pounds. And more belts. That way mayweather can go up 35 different weight classes and win 416 belts. GOAT

Comment

i wouldn't mind getting rid of the juniors and supers.

Comment

there are too many belts imo.

Comment

Naw son. Would it be fair for guys like Malignaggi to fight guys like Paul Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by alexdcolon View Post
            Who is the best welterweight? Who is best at 154lbs? How about middleweight? I can go on and on...I think there is too many weight divisions. They need to take everybody from the 147lbs. weight class, throw them in with the 154lbs weight class and have "true welterweight" elimination tournament to decide who truly is the best "welterweight" out there. They should do that with all the other divisions also. Thats how you find out who the best fighters overall are. Weight is being used too much as an excuse of why fighters loose. I'm tired of people saying Pavlik lost because he was too small! He's 6'-1" just like b-hop. B-hop is just a better fighter period.
            Bring back the original 8 weight classes plus cruiserweight. Guys are just to big nowadays to make the jump from 175 to heavyweight. Lets go with Flyweight, bantamweight, featherweight, lightweight, welterweight, middleweight, lightheavyweight, cruiserweight and heavyweight.

Comment

there are quite a few different divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
                I think there needs to be more classes, one for every 1.5 pounds. And more belts. That way mayweather can go up 35 different weight classes and win 416 belts. GOAT
                Former extra junior straw weight, former regular junior straw weight, former "just" regular straw weight, former super straw weight, former super duper straw weight, former ultimate straw weight, former extra junior flyweight, former regular junior flyweight, former "just" regular flyweigh, former super flyweight, former super duper flyweight championnnnnnnnn of the worlddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!

(i would've kept on but it would've taken way too long)

Comment

Yeah Mayweather and De La Hoya have gone up like 6 divsions each. I want to see Cristian Mijares /Ivan Calderon

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Naw son. Would it be fair for guys like Malignaggi to fight guys like Paul Williams?

Yeah, but what are you more interested in, sorting out the best of the best, or having more belts. Titles are more meaningful and create tougher competition when there are less of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X