No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burns on Crawford Loss: Best Man Won, Good on Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burns on Crawford Loss: Best Man Won, Good on Him

Briton Ricky Burns lost his WBO world lightweight title on Saturday, suffering a points defeat to American Terence Crawford. The judges gave a unanimous verdict after the 12 rounds in Glasgow. Burns, a world champion since 2010, was second best for much of the contest and few were surprised by the decision.

The 30-year-old from Coatbridge could not be faulted for heart or bravery in front of a 10,000 sell-out crowd. However, this time he came up short against the 26-year-old unbeaten American, who was simply too fast and too slick and well worth the judges' scorecards which showed 116- 112, 117-111 and 116-112 in his favour.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Last night after two rounds many BRITS on chat were saying that CRAWFORD was like a black Mc Closckey and they was kiddin him,to response i said WAIT,HE IS IN FOREIGN LAND NOW HE WALK HIM DOWN AND WIN THE FIGHT,they started laugh at me in many but minutes later they all were in silence i was watching AA-STIEGLITZ at that point because i knew what was coming to SCOTHLAND. CIAOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Did anyone watch the Sky Sports version of the fight? Jim Watt was in fine form with his horrible commentary, he was making excuses for Burns throughout the fight, saying he must have re-injured his jaw the way he was fighting, and that the Burns that the UK fans know would have won the fight. I really like Ricky, he's a great guy, but I hate to break it to Jim Watt that the Ricky Burns that the UK fans know has been fighting domestic level competition. His two fights prior to this against good but not great guys showed that he can't hang at the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by hr186 View Post
        Did anyone watch the Sky Sports version of the fight? Jim Watt was in fine form with his horrible commentary, he was making excuses for Burns throughout the fight, saying he must have re-injured his jaw the way he was fighting, and that the Burns that the UK fans know would have won the fight. I really like Ricky, he's a great guy, but I hate to break it to Jim Watt that the Ricky Burns that the UK fans know has been fighting domestic level competition. His two fights prior to this against good but not great guys showed that he can't hang at the top level.
        Jim Watt was horrendous yet again. He kept saying that Burns has never used that high guard defence until now when he's ALWAYS used it.

Comment

Fair play to Ricky, Crawford was just on another level. World champion reign is over but he'll always be a Scottish legend.

Also the sooner Sky replace Jim Watt with Paul Smith Jnr the better it will be for all of us who have to suffer listening to the twat every time we watch a fight on Sky.

Comment

Classy.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I hope I downloaded the Sky version of the fight.... don't know if AWE had their own commentary

Comment

Burns and his honesty are a credit to the sport and this is from an English man..well done mate.

Comment

saw it on Sky & of course he lost, a sportsman, but he lost his last one but 4 a "gift" all hail the new champ Crawford & keep the bouts in the US 2b seen...

Comment

Good sportsmanship by both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X