Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once and for all Ryu-Ken. Who's better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Once and for all Ryu-Ken. Who's better?

Been a street fighter since since the early 90's, game is straight classic. I almost creamed my pants when I heard about street fighter 4. Now I've always played with Ryu & him & ken always seemed similar. But in part 4 the difference was like night & day.

Everytime I try to play with Ken I get my a$$ whooped. I'm so used to when I land a blow, ****ers go flying, with Ken sometimes you land the dragon punch & folks shake it off, then I end up getting countered & battered. I don't have that problem with Ryu, I just like him more, thoughts??

Ken has nicer hair.....but Ryu has a cool headbang....uhhhh.....

Comment

Ryu has cooler Ultra Combos, and is way harder to fight. So I'd say he's better.

Then again, I've never had real problems fighting Ken in any Street Fighter game.

Comment

ken for close range.
        ryu for energy blasts.

i prefer ken though cause i like whoopin ass not evade-to-hadouken strategy.

Comment

akuma and evil ryu ftw

but ken's fire-uppercut > ryu's bigger fireball

Comment

Ryu is the original lead character of the franchise.

Ken is nothing more than an Owen Wilson looking ripoff who swagger jacked Ryu's clothing and moveset.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Ryu has cooler Ultra Combos, and is way harder to fight. So I'd say he's better.

Then again, I've never had real problems fighting Ken in any Street Fighter game.
              I have never disagree'd this entirely with you before but no way. Not in part 4. Thank goodness for super 4. Because Ryu's bammer fireball got banged on by Kens ridiculous what 15/16 hit ultra combo bro.

At least in super they brought back Ryu's 3 hit ultra dragon punch. In alpha or whatever it was that $h!t used to take down half life easy, they under-powered it but no way Ryu's ultra combo's are better than Ken's, ken's are some of the illest in 4 bro.d

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
                akuma and evil ryu ftw

but ken's fire-uppercut > ryu's bigger fireball
                I don't like Akuma, his stamina is too low, he can dish it, but he sure cannot take it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Ryu is the original lead character of the franchise.

Ken is nothing more than an Owen Wilson looking ripoff who swagger jacked Ryu's clothing and moveset.
                  My thoughts as well. I always thought Ken was a gay rip off and now that you mention it, he does look like that busted nose having faggot, Owen Wilson.

Comment

Ken is for people who want to spam zero frame EX uppercuts. Ryu is for folks who like cool calculated combos.

Comment

Working...
                    X