No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Could Move To Featherweight if No Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Could Move To Featherweight if No Donaire

The super bantamweight world champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC), Abner Mares, is looking at the possibility of moving up to the featherweight divison if he can't get a unification clash with WBO champion Nonito Donaire. Mares is not holding his breath for the fight to happen, as their respective promoters are involved in a bitter feud.

"My promoter (Golden Boy) and Top Rank said they are pushing for this fight, but to be frank I'm hopeful that some day they can do it and it disappoints me a lot [that it's not happening] because it's a big fight for me and people want it," said Mares.

[Click Here To Read More]

he might be too small for feather

Comment

Ditch GBP, go to TR if you want it that bad, Mares. But, Donaire might leave out of fear of losing, and might go back to GBP. That would be funny though if that were to happen.

Comment

Would like to see him in against a top 10 sbw first..... But there are options at 26

He would have the heart to face Russell Jr I bet

Comment

He hasnt even fought a 122 pounder yet

Comment

Sounds like he's ducking Santa cruz at 122.

Comment

It sucks that he wants the fight but can't get it. If only Nonito wanted it this bad.

Comment

Yet another massive fight that'll go the wayside because Bob Arum is a piece of ****.

Comment

guillermo rigondeaux the best 122 in the world

Comment

Beating Moreno > beating any 122 lb fighter other than Donaire

But really, I think Abner might not be big enough for 126. Just look at some of the big guys there, like Salido and Garcia.

But if he moves to 122, he may end up having to fight Gary Russell Jr, which could be when Abner receives his first loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X