Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is racism a problem in Eastern European boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is racism a problem in Eastern European boxing?

After watching a few of the programmes on racism in Eastern European football and hearing about the Dutch having there train attacked this morning by racist fans I wondered if this is a problem in Boxing in these countries? It appears to be very well organised especially in the Ukraine.

I have seen some racist Eastern European fans on ESB but only Wlad Owns on here. Has there been problems for black boxers that have gone out to these countries?

And before anyone moans I'm not saying every Eastern European boxing fan is racist as with anything it's often a minority that ruins things.

I always thought the whole reason people cheer for eastern euro boxers was to watch them beat up black guys...then they come to America and fight an actual black guy and we remove them from our personal rankings shortly thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
      After watching a few of the programmes on racism in Eastern European football and hearing about the Dutch having there train attacked this morning by racist fans I wondered if this is a problem in Boxing in these countries? It appears to be very well organised especially in the Ukraine.

I have seen some racist Eastern European fans on ESB but only Wlad Owns on here. Has there been problems for black boxers that have gone out to these countries?

And before anyone moans I'm not saying every Eastern European boxing fan is racist as with anything it's often a minority that ruins things.
      Do you have a link to the story about the Dutch team?

Comment

Working...
      X