No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora's Return: Petkovic, Oquendo Being Mentioned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora's Return: Petkovic, Oquendo Being Mentioned

On July 20th, controversial heavyweight contender Dereck Chisora ​​(16-4, 10 KOs) will return to the ring as part of a card being organized by promoter Frank Warren in London. On Wednesday, Warren will hold a press conference to announce Chisora's opponent. Several candidates, due to conflicts, rejected the opportunity to fight Chisora on the card.

[Click Here To Read More]

Petkovic absolutely sucks. No other way to put it. He should've been KO'd by Cisse Salif and he has generally benefitted from changing the rules mid-way through fights on more than one occasion. Chisora should get him out of there in 1 or 2.
    Oquendo would be a good scrap, but I don't think his team will take such a risk. They are looking to fight bums until they get a big money title fight. Unfortunately, his name is not Hasim Rahman (master of that strategy), he was never heavyweight champion and I don't think their strategy will pay off.

Comment

They should try and get dimitrenko to fight, dudes got no heart or chin, but anyone tall to help prepare for price, how about ustinov that would be great to see how he'd do against the giant with no skills.

Comment

Petrovick would have to much for chisora. Good fight though, looking forward to it.

Comment

is that a joke about petkovic? hes not a top 300 heavyweight despite his record. 2 fights ago he fought a debuting fighter. He hasnt beaten a fighter over 500 in his last 6 fights since he beat a 6-1 fighter in 2007. A decision against a 38 y o timo hoffman coming off a 1st rd ko is his best win.

Comment

hopefully it's oquendo. fres has faded in recent years but he is still a decent name & he will giv e chisora some much needed rounds. this isn't a gimme for del-boy so he better be in better shape then he was vs avila...at first i thought it was the durable ivica perkovic but i misread it.

Comment

Working...
            X