No announcement yet.

Manny losng vs Floyd losing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny losng vs Floyd losing

I remember back in the day (When boxing wasn't so infested with Femen and LadyBoys), Tyson losing was earth shattering, Roy losing was heartbreaking.
    And these were true P4P guys, no questions needed when asked.
    When these guys lost, the boxing world stood still.

Manny losing, I don't see the same reaction. I think people are used to seeing Manny get beat up, I mean how many times have we seen that happen. But a Floyd a loss, now that would really stop earths rotation.

I say that to say this.

Floyd is much higher on the list than Manny, the expectations are 10 times greater.
    Floyd is expected to be damn near perfect in the ring, while Manny although expected to win, be flawed, beat up and bloody (by the same guys Floyd toyed with) but the world won't miss a beat.

While Manny is what a fighter should be, that pales in comparison as to what Floyd is The Best Boxer in the world.
    Perfection is expected, being hit in a fight is a no no??? So how can a man be the best if so little is expected of him?

******* or GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
      I remember back in the day (When boxing wasn't so infested with Femen and LadyBoys), Tyson losing was earth shattering, Roy losing was heartbreaking.
      And these were true P4P guys, no questions needed when asked.
      When these guys lost, the boxing world stood still.

Manny losing, I don't see the same reaction. I think people are used to seeing Manny get beat up, I mean how many times have we seen that happen. But a Floyd a loss, now that would really stop earths rotation.

I say that to say this.

Floyd is much higher on the list than Manny, the expectations are 10 times greater.
      Floyd is expected to be damn near perfect in the ring, while Manny although expected to win, be flawed, beat up and bloody (by the same guys Floyd toyed with) but the world won't miss a beat.

While Manny is what a fighter should be, that pales in comparison as to what Floyd is The Best Boxer in the world.
      Perfection is expected, being hit in a fight is a no no??? So how can a man be the best if so little is expected of him?
      Yet Manny always seems to have a much easier time against common opponents

If Floyd loses officially (JCC says hello) then the world will celebrate then move on, Floyd's box office appeal will be non-existent since the vast majority of people watch him hoping to see him lose. If that happens, then what use will he have?

He knows this better than anyone, hence the ducking and dodging, weaving and ****.

Originally posted by SuckerPuncher
      ******* or GTFO
      This
      Last edited by ThePrince; 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Manny gets beat up so often he has 1 loss in the last 10 years or so. Boy, does he get beaten up and lose a lot.

Outside of Floyd or Martinez, anyone beating Pacquiao right is a incredible surprise that would catch everyone off guard.

Comment

Floyd toys with these opponents? lol id like floyd to try Cotto! besides, Floyd could not toy with ricky hatton or oscar, manny could.

Manny>Floyd

And until the fight happens with a uncontroversial finish this is how its gunna be.

Comment

Its the end of the world for you if Floyd loses. The rest of the world would move on 5 minutes after the fight.

Comment

yea manny comes out of a fight looking like a bruised turd ..but floyd gets hit 3 times in a fight and he's shot

Comment

Floyd's "0" is his greatest legacy like Rocky Marciano and Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Another **** ***** thread.

Comment

There's logic in the post but it's somewhat flawed.

Pacquiao is respected for and gets hit because he mixes it up with his opponents. He's vulnerable. Catchweight arguments aside, the men he's fighting are naturally a lot bigger, so there's always a possibility of him getting hurt. He doesn't talk ****, just turns in his performances and let's the media and fans say what they will.

Floyd on the other hand, as his entire team is guilty of saying (and beating the phrase to death) writes checks that his ass can't cash. He used words like "brutal" and "massacre" to build the De La Hoya fight? I didn't see any such thing. He promises so much and in reality delivers so much less, so he's going to be judged more harshly, because he's trying to convince everyone with every word that he's the greatest fighter of all-time. Pacquiao doesn't.

In certain businesses, when dealing with deadlines, it's a common practice to project a date as far out as possible, because that way if you deliver it early, people are pleasantly surprised. If you insist you can have it done immediately, and then fail to meet the expectations, there's consequences. It's the same principle, really.

Comment

Working...
                    X