Official Statement from Matt Hamill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Statement from Matt Hamill

I would like to thank everyone for their unbelievable support. I fought my heart out in London and feel I should have won the fight. The outpouring of support from people all over the world has touched my heart. It validates my performance to myself and that means as much as a win to me. I think MMA is a great sport and I don't believe in any kind of a fix. The two judges that scored the win for Bisping obviously need to re-evaluate the way they score a fight. You can't win a fight when you run for three rounds. They need to study the criteria for scoring an MMA fight: effective striking, grappling, takedowns, aggression and control. Bisping did none of that in my opinion. The UFC has the best MMA in the world and I am proud to be a part of it. I will be fighting in the UFC for a long time. Thanks again to all my fans, especially to all the English fans who came up to me after the fight to tell me I was the winner. I will be back in the octagon very soon and promise to fight my heart out like I always have.

Matt "The Hammer" Hamill

www.matthamill.com

Originally posted by kaps View Post

I would like to thank everyone for their unbelievable support. I fought my heart out in London and feel I should have won the fight. The outpouring of support from people all over the world has touched my heart. It validates my performance to myself and that means as much as a win to me. I think MMA is a great sport and I don't believe in any kind of a fix. The two judges that scored the win for Bisping obviously need to re-evaluate the way they score a fight. You can't win a fight when you run for three rounds. They need to study the criteria for scoring an MMA fight: effective striking, grappling, takedowns, aggression and control. Bisping did none of that in my opinion. The UFC has the best MMA in the world and I am proud to be a part of it. I will be fighting in the UFC for a long time. Thanks again to all my fans, especially to all the English fans who came up to me after the fight to tell me I was the winner. I will be back in the octagon very soon and promise to fight my heart out like I always have.

Matt "The Hammer" Hamill

www.matthamill.com
    Great read.
    Hamill has my support and the world knows who won the fight. Get a rematch and make Bisping ***** ass suffer.

Comment

I couldn't believe how easily Hamil had Bisping in a headlock and kept throwing that uppercut. It was like a playground scuffle.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
        I couldn't believe how easily Hamil had Bisping in a headlock and kept throwing that uppercut. It was like a playground scuffle.
        Yeah the dude is strong as an oxe. Wrestlers have to be strong and fit in order to compete in wrestling.

Comment

i like hamill's attitude. he seems real genuine. if he works more on his stand up...he could have a good chance in that division

Comment

Way to go Matt, you'll get it next time.
            They should ban any boxing judges from MMA.
            Last edited by American_Ninja; 09-12-2007, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie7731 View Post
              i like hamill's attitude. he seems real genuine. if he works more on his stand up...he could have a good chance in that division
              His stand up looked alright to me for the short period of time he had to work on it.
              Looked better than Kos's standup haha.

Comment

Bisping should man up and admit that he lost the fight!

Comment

Bisping clearly lost that fight. He looked slow, ponderous and was out struck for a lot of the fight, especially round 1.

The thing with unbeaten records is, that the fans know when they are BS.

Comment

Wow, finally saw it. No way Bisping came close to winning that fight. Damn. That's one ****ed up decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X