No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Will Defend His Titles in March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Will Defend His Titles in March

According to Tom Loeffler, the Managing Director of K2 Promotions, IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (25-0, 22KOs) will return in the month of March on a show in Europe. A tentative date being mentioned is March 30. Golovkin, who wants to fight five times in 2013, would then return in the month of June in a major fight. Golovkin fought last Saturday night in New York's Madison Square Garden and stopped challenger Gabriel Rosado in the seventh round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow that is a pretty impressive turnaround hopefully they don't fight a complete hopeless case but its just good he is being active

Comment

I think this is a good strategy for Golovkin. At his age, fighting often and continuing to build his professional record is the best chance he has at landing a marquee fight. The buzz mill is definitely heating up for him, he just needs to keep winning in style and I'm sure we'll see him get a big fight in the not too distant future.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        Wow that is a pretty impressive turnaround hopefully they don't fight a complete hopeless case but its just good he is being active
        Unfortunately, knocking out nobodies with HBO support is probably the only way he gets a Martinez fight. Actually fighting good fighters and doing anything other than knock them out without getting touched doesn't work it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Unfortunately, knocking out nobodies with HBO support is probably the only way he gets a Martinez fight. Actually fighting good fighters and doing anything other than knock them out without getting touched doesn't work it seems.
          hbo wanted him to fight rosado....

quillin didn't want none and neither did anyone else

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post

I wasn't trying to imply Golovkin isn't trying to fight people, if that's what you thought I was saying. I was just saying that with the hype HBO is giving him, staying active and knocking out average fighters will help him land the fights he wants more than any other career strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
              I think this is a good strategy for Golovkin. At his age, fighting often and continuing to build his professional record is the best chance he has at landing a marquee fight. The buzz mill is definitely heating up for him, he just needs to keep winning in style and I'm sure we'll see him get a big fight in the not too distant future.
              I'm hoping his fight in June is against Pirog. Pirog said he wants to come back in march.... hopefully if he does, he'll be ready for a fight in June

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I'm hoping his fight in June is against Pirog. Pirog said he wants to come back in march.... hopefully if he does, he'll be ready for a fight in June
                That would be fine by me. That fight is a long time coming. Pirog has been so inactive due to injury. I'd get excited only when he was physically making his ring entrance. I'd favor GGG at this point in time.

Comment

I think ggg is in for a lot of hate come march 30...can't imagine K2 securing a top 15 opponent with little over two months time

gotta give this kid respect tho...he did have a little wear on him and put some rounds in against rosado and he's already planning on going back to the gym in 2 weeks time

I hope he'll fight someone more respected in boxing circles like rubio...but it probably won't be his next fight

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post

that's not true at all

Carlos Molina wants Golovkin and is willing to move up from 154

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13598.html

Fernando Guerrero called him out in person

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-gen...uerrero--59748

Marco Antiono Rubio says bring it on

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-gen...uerrero--59748

so come on it's not like everybody is running scared of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X