No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lee: I Thought Vanes Would Get Chavez Fight Before Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lee: I Thought Vanes Would Get Chavez Fight Before Me

There probably wasn’t a happier man in the boxing scene than Andy Lee once news broke of his landing a June 16 showdown with unbeaten middleweight titlist Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

It’s possible there also wasn’t anyone as surprised as Lee himself when he landed the HBO fight.

“I didn’t think I had a chance when they said it was between me and Vanes Martirosyan,” admitted Lee (28-1, 20KO), as both Chavez and Martirosyan are promoted by Top Rank. “A few days passed and they said they wanted me instead of Vanes. Lo and behold it became a reality.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

JR will retire Lee.

Comment

yeah right Bob your the kind of lies

Comment

Lee will be in the best shape of his life.

I think he needed this to really motivate him.

Like Chavez needs a doughnut-steak sandwich to motivate him.

I kid Kid

Comment

I gotta give props to Chavez for facing a tough contender. I usually talk smack about Chavez but he's finally stepping it up

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
            I gotta give props to Chavez for facing a tough contender. I usually talk smack about Chavez but he's finally stepping it up
            rubio is/was a tougher fight then this one

Comment

I guess he never has to fight his mandatory then.

Comment

Good for him for facing Lee... but when will you face Martinez?

Comment

Why not Vanes, Julio?? you didnt like the sparring hahahahhaha

Comment

I would love to see random drug testing in this fight. Another dramatically improved fighter since moving into the wildcard gym, wonder why????

IMO Andy Lee would knock him out if he wasn't on PEDS (but unfortunately I think he is on them, like most of roach's fighters) so, due to that i'm going with chavez

Comment

Working...
                    X