Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first PC and how did you acquire it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first PC and how did you acquire it?

I am curious 2 know how you guys came across your first computer being a laptop or desktop or whatever and ofcourse what type was it, you can also share the price of it at the time.

My first computer a purple compaq presario my father bought at sears for me and my sister. It's a windows 98.

It was around 1200 dollars when he bought it or that is what I remember.

Originally posted by ClitschKO_cuzn View Post
    I am curious 2 know how you guys came across your first computer being a laptop or desktop or whatever and ofcourse what type was it, you can also share the price of it at the time.

My first computer a purple compaq presario my father bought at sears for me and my sister. It's a windows 98.

It was around 1200 dollars when he bought it or that is what I remember.
    i was 7 or 8 not sure but we had an ibm with windows 95

Comment

Originally posted by Roja's480 View Post
      i was 7 or 8 not sure but we had an ibm with windows 95
      i acquired it by purchasing it

Comment

In '94 I bought a brand new HP 486/66 MHz Processor (the latest and greatest) that came with Windows 3.11 at the now defunct computer city for I think around $400. which made me eligible for a $50 -13" interlaced monitor (talk about eye strain). I also bought one of the two first colour ink jet printers to hit the market that year...an epson very low resolution by today's standards for $800. The internet would become available about 6 months later...only by dial up...I had a 14.4 modem and it used to take about 20 mins for a page to render. You would surf 3 pages in an hour an then and give up out of frustration.

Comment

I belive our first computer was a dell desktop with windows 95 and 256mb or ram. with a 15" analog monitor. Was bought for around 300.00 dollars at the time.

Comment

Good answers keep them coming.

sidenote: nice to see you participating more bigsmooth.

Comment

nice thread. i remember when my dad bought it, me and my bro were so excited, good memories.

Comment

A macintosh apple computer in 1987, played space invaders on it.

Comment

My first wan't even a PC, you could play crude computer games in it and the other thing you could do was BASIC programming but you have to attach it to a TV monitor first. I guess most of you weren't born yet when I bought it in 1984. It's called commodore 64. Damn.

Comment

damn bro i was born in 84 yo. But then how old are you? i bet your a pac fan huh lol...........

Comment

Working...
                    X