No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: The Alexander Frustration is Off My Shoulders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook: The Alexander Frustration is Off My Shoulders

On Saturday night in Hull, Kell Brook (30-0, 20KOs) made amends for his first performance against Carson Jones with an eighth-round stoppage of the American in their re-match.

The unbeaten Sheffield fighter stretched his record to 30 wins from as many fights and re-ignited his world title hopes after seeing three fights with IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander postponed.

Brook, who was given a razor-thin majority decision verdict when he first met Jones 12 months ago, was fighting for the first time since October last year but showed no signs of ring rust by dropping Jones in the second round before the referee ended the bout, which was being fought at a few pounds above the welterweight division, in the eighth.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So beating Carson Jones is enough to take off the pressure? Sure Kell...

Comment

Carson who???!!!
      When you gunna fight someone Brook???!!!!!

Comment

Wasn't Brook 2nd fiddle on this card to an olympian debutant.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
          So beating Carson Jones is enough to take off the pressure? Sure Kell...
          I swear this is exactly what I thought,and was about too write..GK LMAO..

Comment

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
            Wasn't Brook 2nd fiddle on this card to an olympian debutant.
            It was just a warm-up fight after the injury. Jones was not a bad opponent at all for such a fight. He's topping the bill in Sheffield in September

Comment

I can't believe Brook is still doing 10 rounders. Not to mention having this fight above a lazy no need to train weight of 147. I have totally given up on this dude. Premature stoppage this time around.

Comment

Fought a ten round fight at a catchweight against a pushover in carson jones, and got a calzaghe stoppage to boot, that makes up for pulling out of a title fight against alexander..twice!

Comment

Glad to see everyone is saying what I been thinking... The two bogus "injuries", along with the Carson Jones 10 rounder at 152lbs has confirmed what Frank Warren always implied - Kell Brook is a bottle job. And believe me I hate to agree with Warren!

People are saying its a good fight considering.. Considering what!? He only fought about 6 weeks after he was due to fight a top 147er.. Why did he need another gatekeeper fight and a 10 round catchweight at that??

Word around the camp fire is Brook doesn't train right, struggles to make weight properly and needs to buck his ideas up asap.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                    Glad to see everyone is saying what I been thinking... The two bogus "injuries", along with the Carson Jones 10 rounder at 152lbs has confirmed what Frank Warren always implied - Kell Brook is a bottle job. And believe me I hate to agree with Warren!

People are saying its a good fight considering.. Considering what!? He only fought about 6 weeks after he was due to fight a top 147er.. Why did he need another gatekeeper fight and a 10 round catchweight at that??

Word around the camp fire is Brook doesn't train right, struggles to make weight properly and needs to buck his ideas up asap.
                    interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X