Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: British Talent Tossed Abroad For Beatings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: British Talent Tossed Abroad For Beatings

Capturing a world title overseas, particularly across in the US, is just about the ultimate achievement for a British boxer. The list of those who've triumphed Stateside since the Second World War remains in single figures; Alan Minter, Cornelius Boza Edwards, Lloyd Honeyghan, Dennis Andries, Nigel Benn, Naseem Hamed, Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe comprise the elite band who've turned the trick.

Home advantage isn't just about a vociferous crowd spurring on the local man and inadvertently swaying the judges' favour in rounds which are close.

During the build-up, it also shields the fighter from becoming travel weary, even jet lagged, and permits them to prepare in their own gymnasium. They get to sleep in their own bed, surrounded by their loved ones, and feast on familiar cuisine. Press conferences and weigh-ins take place at familiar locations where they are surrounded by familiar faces.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow so Frank says stack the deck in your favor and protect your fighters. Nothing new there. This is a swipe at Hearn.
    The truth is Purdy is not world class and NEVER will be,he is going to lose in the States and if the Alexander fight were made in the UK he would lose there also. I am pretty sure Purdy is just happy getting a shot at the big time and a nice payday.

Comment

From a spectator's perspective I like Hearn and in a way this is how business should be handled. I think while boxing is a business fighters have to earn their money. I'm against home town advantage and on any night the best fighter should win. Hearn's sending his fighters to compete against the best and that should be the case. Warren promoted Hatton and wanted Hatton to continue fighting bums.If Hatton had not left Warren he would probably still fighting and fighting bums.
      The downside to this is simple. Hatton's purse used to be £400k under Warren.The day he left he started fighting for £1m per fight. Hatton made more money within 1.5yrs fighting away from Warren than he ever did all his life with Warren.
      Same goes with Calzaghe.He started making real money when he left Warren and Amir Khan started making way more.Warren's too risk averse and that's not good for boxing. No risk no reward.

Comment

Warren is an idiot,an over-protective one at that,he realizes that Hearn is taking over the game in the UK and he is trying to show him up with this obvious dig at him,but he doesn't realize that he is making himself look stupid

Comment

Fwanks bile used to upset me. Now I just find it amusing. shouldn't even be talking about burns if he is suing him. probably why burns want on form anyway. Stfu Warren...you have become one of the biggest jokes in the sport. you, Audley, Haye and Khan are an embarrassment to the fight game in this country. Remember those who mocked Calzaghe and called him#stayAtHomeJoe you undermine fighters by giving them paper titles and pad their records with soft defences not stretch them and push them to discover if they have true greatness inside

Comment

It does make me wonder about Macklin, Barker and Murray.

These three are quality boxers, should they really have had to travel abroad if they were promoted properly with the British boxing public?

Comment

Gonzales was Burns' mandatory. How that can be "ill advised" is bizarre, even for Frank.

Frank has to ask himself why all his top prospects end up leaving him.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                Warren is an idiot,an over-protective one at that,he realizes that Hearn is taking over the game in the UK and he is trying to show him up with this obvious dig at him,but he doesn't realize that he is making himself look stupid
                Stop the *****ing Frank.It's called the World Championship not the English Title. Ricky Hatton fought big fights in Vegas before the Floyd fight. Hatton made over $ 8 million for that fight (6 million salary + cut of US ppv sales+cut of over 900k UK PPV sales).It was a great fight. Macklin got to fight at MSG on St Patty's Day in front of 5,000 + Irish fans vs Sergio !!! Matt Hatton had the balls to go fight Canelo,good for him. Barker fought for a world title vs Sergio. They all fought well !!! Rees was loved for his balls vs Broner and won over that crowd. There is no shame in getting career-high paydays for WORLD title shots.The $ is in America for the huge fights.When a star gets as big big as Joe C. ,then he can dictate terms of where he fights.It's that simple. Mayweather is coming to England soon to destroy Khan.He needs the name and an angle to pump up his PPV numbers,watch.

Comment

Isn't it funny that Warren did exactly the same with Michael Jennings,Gary Lockett etc,they had less of a chance than any of the fighters Hearn has sent across the pond,an idiot and a hypocrite,oh dear.

Comment

This is why I knew Ricky Burns would never have fought Vasquez or Broner under this moron, British fighters who leaves him alway goes on to make harder fights especially in America, because under him he would just milked you dry. And then pretend he is trying to make a fight but everyone wants more money to fight you etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X