Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manti Teo's girlfriend story a hoax.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Manti Teo's girlfriend story a hoax.

Not sure about this site deadspin, I've never heard of it, but they were just talking on sports radio here in Chicago that the whole story about his girlfriend was fabricated, right down to her very existence.

Haven't seen any other reports of this story so the story could be a hoax itself...

Anyways

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

It's not like this is the first time a religious douchebag has told a lie.

Comment

i think his imaginary girlfriend got more tackles than him in the bama game.

Comment

who are these? division 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          who are these? division 3?
          not a sports follower eh?

manti teo was the best football player in the nation last year.

he attended and played for the university of notre dame.

think of it as a catholic harvard or dartmouth. like georgetown but in the midwest.

they also have the best college football program in history.

#1 team in the nation last year.

Comment

Well now Te'o is the "victim" of this according to Notre Dame's official statement.

“On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.”
            I wonder if the outcome of the championship game had any influence on the story being leaked. If Notre Dame won, this would probably have been kept a secret. Weird stuff

He had been interviewed about the girlfriend earlier this month (before the BCS Title Game) after he was supposedly informed it was a hoax, but still went on with the charade.
            Last edited by RlCKY; 01-16-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

It's a conspiracy , just like the titanic one ..it was a leak to drop his draft stock in April and not get invited to the green room..

Comment

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax

Wow, he was trolled. Or is a complete sociopath.

Either way I think we should treat this with dignity and respect ,somebody who never existed is dead.
                Last edited by Golden; 01-16-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  not a sports follower eh?

manti teo was the best football player in the nation last year.

he attended and played for the university of notre dame.

think of it as a catholic harvard or dartmouth. like georgetown but in the midwest.

they also have the best college football program in history.

#1 team in the nation last year.
                  I keep looking through lists of champions in the last 20 yrs and i cant find this "notre dame" you speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax

Wow, he was trolled. Or is a complete sociopath.
                    He had been interviewed and said how he spent time with the girl and her family in Hawaii. Now the story changed to they had an "online only" relationship.

He was absolutely in on it, and its messed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X