No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wach vs McBride Early Results From Mohegan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wach vs McBride Early Results From Mohegan

Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. - Main Event: Mariusz Wach 24-0 (12 KO) of North Bergen, NJ by way of Krakow, Poland against Kevin McBride (35-9-1, 29 KO) of Brockton, Mass., by way of Clones, Ireland.

[Click Here To Read More]

I liked what I saw from Mariusz Wach tonight.

He's ready to fight a contender now.

Comment

Contender for Knockout of the Year. When you consider that Adamek didn't even hurt McBride back in April, this was very impressive. Devastating KO.

Wach knew what was on the line for him tonight, and under pressure, he delivered big-time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
        Contender for Knockout of the Year. When you consider that Adamek didn't even hurt McBride back in April, this was very impressive. Devastating KO.

Wach knew what was on the line for him tonight, and under pressure, he delivered big-time.
        Wach was the 7th fighter to KO McBride.

Very impressive indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brouillard View Post

Very impressive indeed.
          Always with the negative waves on here, can't escape it. Is your name Moriarty?

It was impressive, given the way it was executed -- crushing one punch KO -- and given that he did it under the pressure of knowing that a title shot was in the offing if he looked great.

Many heavyweights these days seem to shrink under pressure, and Wach was a refreshing change from that.
          Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-30-2011, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brouillard View Post
            Wrong.

Wach was the first to KO McBride.

McBride was never counted out before last night. He's lost other fights by TKO, but never before by KO.

Comment

Fellow Polish HW prospect Artur Szpilka fought on the undercard and also got a great KO. Wach will never be elite i don't think but Artur looks like he could really be player at HW. He's the Polish HW prospect i'd keep my eye on.

Comment

Any news on McBride's condition?

Hopefully he now retires and find something better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Fellow Polish HW prospect Artur Szpilka fought on the undercard and also got a great KO. Wach will never be elite i don't think but Artur looks like he could really be player at HW. He's the Polish HW prospect i'd keep my eye on.

I agree that Wach isnt that amazing but he has all the tools to be good. His problem is that he is 6"7-6"8 but he fights like he is 6"2. He needs to learn how to use his height and reach, also needs a better jab.

I dont like Artur, Im a big fan of believing that you need to have a brain to become a good champ, coming out in a prison outfit with a hat sideways is not a good look, I hate to use the W word but I think he fits into that category, who knows tho, it could all be for show and he could be making fun of all the "W"'s who live in USA

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    I agree that Wach isnt that amazing but he has all the tools to be good. His problem is that he is 6"7-6"8 but he fights like he is 6"2. He needs to learn how to use his height and reach, also needs a better jab.

I dont like Artur, Im a big fan of believing that you need to have a brain to become a good champ, coming out in a prison outfit with a hat sideways is not a good look, I hate to use the W word but I think he fits into that category, who knows tho, it could all be for show and he could be making fun of all the "W"'s who live in USA
                    He was a Football Hooligan before he got into boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X