Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assuming Oscar's Twitter statement makes way for business between TR & GB..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming Oscar's Twitter statement makes way for business between TR & GB..

It may be a little early, but what are some of the best fights that can be made between these two promoters? Hope you guys will take the time to read my analysis on three of the best fights that these two can make

at 135, we could have Top Rank's Brandon Rios against Golden Boy's Robert Guerrero; now, i'm by no means a fan of the Ghost, but he proved he is more than capable of shutting down an all pressure fighter in his last outing against Michael Katsidis; although i'd have to say Rios is a better technical fighter, he sets up his punches with his jab and follows up until he breaks down his opponent; in Rios last outing against Miguel Acosta, it was proven he is vulnerable against counter punchers and can be kept at a distance; Guerrero can easily do likewise, but for how long? Rios has a very good chin, and eventually comes on in the late rounds, this would be an interesting matchup

at 147, we could have Top Rank's Manny Pacquiao against Golden Boy's Victor Ortiz; i'll be honest, prior to his fight with Andre Berto, I never really considered Ortiz as a viable challenge to the pound for pound king; after seeing that fight, it showed me a more determined Ortiz; after being knocked down twice, he turned the tide and pulled through; now, assuming Golden Boy is still representing Floyd Mayweather, that would be my first choice against Manny; but with his impending trial soon, and the rumors that he may team up with Don King, Floyd isnt exactly a sure bet at the moment; which is what led me to Ortiz; a quick, strong young fighter, who packs power in both hands, and speed amongst the likes Pacquiao hasn't really seen lately; throw in the fact he's also a southpaw, which I cant recall the last time Manny fought one, and this could be an interesting fight on paper; Ortiz would have a nice chance; however, Ortiz has never fought a fighter with the sheer volume that Pacquiao delivers, throw in all the unique angles, the speed and power, and Ortiz may have quite a load on his plate; his victory against Berto may have garnered him some respect in terms of heart, but it's not out of the realms of possibility he could have another nervous breakdown similar to his fight against Maidana; remember it would Pacquiao across the ring, a whole different monster

at 118, assuming Top Rank wins their case in regards to Nonito Donaire, we'd have Top Rank's Nonito Donaire against Golden Boy's Abner Mares; I like Mares, he's a good boxer, decent speed and pop, he holds his own; he's got a solid amateur background, becoming a 2004 Mexican Olympian; he had a great fight against Yohnny Perez last May, and followed it up with a mild upset against Vic Darchinyan, surprising quite a few; this a top caliber fighter without a doubt; but Donaire is starting to come into his own, improving with every fight, each in more brutal and convincing fashion; the crimson mask he left over Wladimir Sidorenko in December was quite a sight; followed by a knockout victory which nearly left Fernando Montiel paralyzed from a flush left hook; Donaire stated it was "the hardest punch" he had ever thrown, but all signs indicate another opponent will soon touch the canvas in colder fashion, the sky's the limit for the young Filipino, I see great things for him; with that said, I dont really think many can rival him at the moment at 118 and 122, but Mares appears to be the stiffest test Golden Boy can present Top Rank and Nonito Donaire;

I hope you guys read this post the whole way through, and id love to hear your opinions on this fights and other possible fights that you believe can be made between Top Rank and Golden Boy, any input would be appreciated

This will be GREAT for the sport if they worked together. The fights that can be made will be dreams come true for the fans. Here's my list. ( excuse mr if I forget any feel free to ad to the list.)

Cotto VS Canelo
    Soto VS. Marquez
    Nonito VS Mares
    Ortiz VS PAC
    Clotey VS berto or even Ortiz
    Ect ect

Comment

cotto vs ortiz

rios vs katsidis

khan vs rios

Comment

Guerrero vs Rios is one I'm really looking forward to....

Also Rios vs Ortiz

Comment

i'd like to see berto vs cotto if cotto is comfortable @ 147.

Comment

Khan v Bradley (if he signs with TR)

Comment

Berto is a dibella fighter not gb

Comment

Khan vs Bradley (if Bradley signs with TR)

Ortiz vs Rios

Comment

chaver jr vs the ginger kid
                  pac vs wifebeater
                  mike jones vs ortiz
                  rios vs guerrero
                  nonito vs mares
                  khan vs rios
                  rios vs ortiz
                  rios vs maidana

etc...

Comment