Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez-Chavez Situation, Solution Explained By DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez-Chavez Situation, Solution Explained By DiBella

Lou DiBella, promoter for middleweight Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 27KOs), spoke with BoxingScene.com to explain the current status of his negotiations to make a fall fight between Martinez and WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31KOs). Martinez became the mandatory challenger at last December's WBC convention in Las Vegas. Chavez is planning to defend his title against British challenger Martin Murray on June 16th in El Paso, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

and watch Chavez jr duck the fight again.... lol Bob Arum stay protecting his ****y fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      and watch Chavez jr duck the fight again.... lol Bob Arum stay protecting his ****y fighters.
      Lots of people ask "Why would you want to see such an noncompetitive fight?". It's cause we want to see these Top Rank hype jobs get pummeled and beaten to a pulp.

Comment

Wait!!! How is Martinez a mandatory to Chavez? Didn't Martinez claim that belt when he beat pavlik?

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
          Lots of people ask "Why would you want to see such an noncompetitive fight?". It's cause we want to see these Top Rank hype jobs get pummeled and beaten to a pulp.
          People who care more about promoters and promotional companies rather than actual fights are not boxing fans.

Comment

It isn't even a fight that I am interested in seeing. Everyone knows that both Chavez Jr and Alvarez, which one is promoted by Top Rank and the other is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, are hype jobs. Neither one of them deserves the belts they have. I would much rather see Martinez move up in weight and fight some real fighters.

Comment

So DiBella is willing to let Chavez keep the belt and not face Martinez as long as they get 500K step aside money.

I really hate the way that Sergio was screwed over for the title, but I start to lose sympathy when reading comments like these.

Make a stand for ****'s sake. If you get a title basically stolen from you, then you can either say "who cares about belts, let's just fight the best" or you can say that it's a matter of principle, you earned the belt fair and square and you're going to do all you can to get the belt back, even if it means fighting Dzinziruk (because to not do so means losing HBO support) and not fighting any of the very best guys (because they have belts, and so fighting them means losing what little WBC support you have).

I can respect either position. But what, he's now fought 3 guys who were not the most challenging opposition, all to put enough pressure on Chavez to get a 500K pay off? That's it?

Comment

no way arum lets chavez sorry ass get in the ring with martinez. chavez is making good money and have our mexican fans think he's a real champion.i hate to say it but chavez jr is the worse champion in mexican boxing history. martinez will pick him apart. arum knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  People who care more about promoters and promotional companies rather than actual fights are not boxing fans.
                  People who don't care about promoters preventing their fighters from fighting the best are not boxing fans.

Comment

macklin was a tougher fight for martinez than chavez would be

Comment

Working...
                    X