The Cotto-Mayweather mystique is DEAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cotto-Mayweather mystique is DEAD

Yup, you heard it.

I was looking forward to watching Cotto-Mayweather but not so much anymore. This doesnt mean I think Margarito should and would beat Money May but I was definitely intrigued about a potential Cotto-Mayweather match up.

I could honestly care less of Floyd fought Cotto at this point

(I'd be fired up again if Cotto comes back, KO's Marg and dominates every other WW out there)

Do you guys feel the same?

Originally posted by RIZO OWNS View Post
    Yup, you heard it.

I was looking forward to watching Cotto-Mayweather but not so much anymore. This doesnt mean I think Margarito should and would beat Money May but I was definitely intrigued about a potential Cotto-Mayweather match up.

I could honestly care less of Floyd fought Cotto at this point

(I'd be fired up again if Cotto comes back, KO's Marg and dominates every other WW out there)

Do you guys feel the same?
    based on cotto's boxing skills (against mosley and against margarito in the first 6 rounds) i think it would still be a hell of a fight...

just because cotto lost doesnt mean he cant still give mayweather a good fight...

i doubt he beats mayweather but it would be a good fight...

to be honest most people think im nuts but i still want to see oscar v. floyd II...seriously...majority thought it was a boring fight but i was really excited about it and thought it was a good tactical chess match of a fight...i love brawls like everyone but i love to see a good tactical fight every know and then as well.

Comment

After watching the Margo fight I would like to watch it even more!

Comment

It's not going to happen anyways. The defeat pretty much ended Cotto's chances of ever fighting Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          TBH, part of the reason why I'm not so thrilled about Cotto-Mayweather is I'm afraid Cotto MIGHT be damaged goods. Not to say he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            i kind of do and dont, the reason mostly because floyds uppercuts are short and they hurt, and his right hand lead would be unstoppable. I said this in another thread that cotto figures out the rhythm of what his opponent his doing and times his counters, but floyd never really gets into a rhythm, im not saying hed never hit him, but i am saying floyd half of the time, despite what most of you newer fans think, floyd stands around most of the time doing nothing and waits for you to do something, when he moves he throws that right hand lead or jabs to the body. Cotto would get outclassed, however i think cotto would give a really great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
              It's not going to happen anyways. The defeat pretty much ended Cotto's chances of ever fighting Floyd.
              the defeats Baldomir, Judah and DLH had didnt stop Floyd from fighting them. this fight looks even more possible now. HA

Comment

I still want to see it.

What just because he lost?

I bet Floyd wants to fight De La Hoya again and not Tony nor COtto.

Cotto lost, but showed alot. The first 6 rounds?

He was boxing well, what ya talking about? Yea he was getting hit, but he was still landing shots.

Comment

Yes I want to see Floyd-Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
                    I still want to see it.

What just because he lost?

I bet Floyd wants to fight De La Hoya again and not Tony nor COtto.

Cotto lost, but showed alot. The first 6 rounds?

He was boxing well, what ya talking about? Yea he was getting hit, but he was still landing shots.
                    Margarito was there to be hit, mayweather wont be there like margarito was, cotto losing like he did holds no weight because to me, cotto lost no stock losing to a guy like margarito, however margarito as slow as he was, was landing 3 and 4 slow telegraphed uppercuts at a time, and then coming over the top with either a looping left or right, that doesnt really match up well with a guy whos best and most devastating punch is a right hand lead and a jab to the body and can follow it up with a left uppercut.

also, cotto has shown a weird habit of not really finishing all that strong in the championship rounds as of late. i dont know why.

Comment

Working...
                    X