Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez, Martinez Sign "WBC Document" For September Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez, Martinez Sign "WBC Document" For September Bout

According to WBC President Jose Sulaiman, WBC middleweight world champion Julio César Chávez Jr., and Diamond Belt champion Sergio Martínez, signed an agreement to have their mandatory fight in September, 2012. They have also agreed, and the WBC has ruled favorably, for Chávez to have a voluntary defense against Andy Lee on June 16 in El Paso, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great news!!!

Comment

It means nothing....Chavez doesn't intend on fighting Martinez. He really doesn't care about that title because he is moving up to 168, so stripping it won't hurt his feelings at all. Now that all the drug testing stuff is coming up and the fact that he will be in the spotlight regarding not taking required testing and already having failed drug tests for diuretics, he is going to head up to a weight that he can make without cheating.

Comment

Chavez gona let that belt go he dont needed hes famous enough already, hes moving up in weight prolly in a couple fights

Comment

Yada yada yada..

Next report we'll get is from Martinez saying he hasn't seen Chavez Jr. sign anything

Comment

Time for Chavez to get spanked around the ring and then win a MD.

I'll believe the fight when Chavez is making a ring walk

Comment

Martinez is saying it probably won't happen in September. Probably the reason why he agreed to be in that dancing show in Argentina.

Comment

It doesn't mean much, but I think that it's gonna happen in September. I think Chavez's team thinks he's ready and Andy Lee is a southpaw and has the same promoter as Martinez. I'd say the forecast is looking positive right now but you never know with Arum and Lee is a big step up for Chavez so... maybe it's not looking so good just yet...

Comment

Why even have the mandatory and risk the possibility of Chavez being defeated like Lee was defeated against Vera.

Skip the mandatory, fight Martinez and Lee gets the winner.

This is grade school common knowledge.

Besides, since when did the WBC start honoring mandatories anyway? Just ask Canelo for starters.

Comment

**** Julio César Chávez Jr. he's such a phony. He'll get schooled by Sergio Martínez and he knows it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he backs out and moves up in weight. Coward.

Comment

Working...
                    X