No announcement yet.

Cotto's Popularity Is At All Time High Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's Popularity Is At All Time High Right Now

Cotto just presented one of the award at 'premios juventud' a spanish speaking award show that just average 4.1 million rating on univision. The man is on a roll right now in terms of his drawing power and aura. The win against Margarito and his preformence against Floyd took him to another level and opened a lot of eyes outside of the boxing world.

Cotto is on his way to becoming an Icon in hispanic speaking countries.

That's great to hear, dude.

It'll be interesting to see how well his next PPV does.

Comment

The high pink socks must have helped.I can imagine many young closeted hispanic lads watching that bout and feeling inspired to open up and let the world know that they were coming out.It certainly inspired me.Might have even inspired Mayweather himself.

Comment

Other than mayweather and pac, cotto is the #3 draw in boxing. He has fought all of the top guys and is still fighting in top form despite all the wars that he has been in. Nobody should hate on that. Props to him for still being at the top after all these years and giving the fans the fights that we wanted to see.

Comment

War Cotto!!!

Comment

"His performance against Mayweather"???? Yes, he gave it 110% and fought like hell, but he lost 9-3/10-2 in a wide decision loss.

I agree he is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing currently. He should be fighting N'Jikam at the full 160 lb limit, to make his MW title more legit.

Comment

@Ts making it seem like it was Cotto who drew all 4million people when 'premios juventud' is liteally the hispanic Teen Chouce awards where there's about 100 celebrities

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                "His performance against Mayweather"???? Yes, he gave it 110% and fought like hell, but he lost 9-3/10-2 in a wide decision loss.

I agree he is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing currently. He should be fighting N'Jikam at the full 160 lb limit, to make his MW title more legit.
                I think he should stay away from 160 altogether

Comment

Good. It will make the next time he takes a knee that much sweeter.

Comment

I agree, fight him at 160 limit, maybe put a rehydration clause in it.

Cotto can come in light at 154 and still get it

Comment

Working...
                    X