Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan to sell WBC belt to maintain home care.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald McClellan to sell WBC belt to maintain home care.

Former WBC world middleweight champion Gerald McClellan is planning to sell his title belt so he does not have to move into a care home.

McClellan was left severely brain damaged following his punishing title bout with Nigel Benn in 1995.

The 44-year-old former champ receives round-the-clock care from his sister Lisa as he is blind, 80 per cent deaf and has difficulty speaking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...tle-belts.html

The boxing community should do something to help Gerald, I know it's happened before. I'm sure Don King wouldn't miss a couple of million.

yeah but dk would never give them up like that imo.
    this is truly a sad thing to hear, i hope the mcclellan family is able to bounce back from these hard times

Comment

One of the saddest fight ive ever seen in my life

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
        The boxing community should do something to help Gerald, I know it's happened before. I'm sure Don King wouldn't miss a couple of million.
        I'm not even sure it would take millions. There are plenty of very wealthy men in boxing who could afford to help out. The likes of Arum, De La Hoya, King and many more could chip in, but they don't.

Comment

What's wrong with a care home? I think it's more to do with his sister getting money.

Comment

Don king was his promoter so he should step up and make sure that GMan is set for life.

Comment

Just proves again how incredibly dangerous the sport is.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Don king was his promoter so he should step up and make sure that GMan is set for life.
                Don King doesn't give a shit about anybody. Bob Arum is the same type of person.

Comment

sad sad sad, tsk tsk, this is a reminder how dangerous boxing is and hope fans and posters here give them more respect ....

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                    Don King doesn't give a shit about anybody. Bob Arum is the same type of person.
                    Thats why Arum was covering all the medical bills for Genaro Hernandez when his insurance wouldn't cover it huh?

This is another example of someone inserting their big foot into their big mouth

Comment

Working...
                    X