No announcement yet.

Why Canelo Tried..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Canelo Tried..

Just sitting here wondering why Canelo tried to box with Mayweather who is a masterful counter puncher and defensive fighter. During All access Canelo and his team would say stuff like I'm just as fast and my ring intelligence is underrated. Leading everyone to believe he would try to outbox Mayweather in the fight.. I just thought it was all rhetoric.

At the end of the day, if he got an undeserved draw with that fight plan, He actually could of won the fight if he sold out with a mauling style. I think he needs a new trainer!

That's funny, I was in here saying that and everyone was insulting me for it. You guys over thought this thing.

The only way to beat Mayweather is to pressure him for 12 rounds and not stop. Put Leo Santa Cruz cardio and style into Canelo's body.

Non stop pressure for 12 rounds and force Mayweather to fight. Everyone falls into his trap and boxes.

There's a reason Mayweather avoided a prime Marg 5 years ago at 147, he knows that is the toughest style to deal with. Not saying Marg would have won, he just like to slow the fight down to his pace.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboy1983 View Post
      Just sitting here wondering why Canelo tried to box with Mayweather who is a masterful counter puncher and defensive fighter. During All access Canelo and his team would say stuff like I'm just as fast and my ring intelligence is underrated. Leading everyone to believe he would try to outbox Mayweather in the fight.. I just thought it was all rhetoric.

At the end of the day, if he got an undeserved draw with that fight plan, He actually could of won the fight if he sold out with a mauling style. I think he needs a new trainer!
      Boxing wasnt truly the plan, did he jab that much in rounds 1-4 no, he wanted to come forward from the start but Floyd threw off his confidence by walking him down instantly, and probably catching his attention with his power early on.

Then in the middle rounds it appeared that Nelo was content on boxing but that is still was not the case every jab he threw was simply to keep Floyd off of him while he was taking breathers Floyd noticed this instantly when they traded jabs and Floyd stuck his shoulder into Nelo's stomach and let off a a body left hook right hook, left hook head combo. If you watched his fights and I have watched at least 7-8 ugly Canelo fights before the event and he only jabs move and boxes when tired trying to keep his opponent off of him to take breathers like he did vs Mosley and Trout otherwise he's trying to stalk behind no type of jab

Canelo had no game plan but to hurt Mayweather a punch thats it, his lack of footwork shothimself in the foot from round one on and prevented

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        That's funny, I was in here saying that and everyone was insulting me for it. You guys over thought this thing.

The only way to beat Mayweather is to pressure him for 12 rounds and not stop. Put Leo Santa Cruz cardio and style into Canelo's body.

Non stop pressure for 12 rounds and force Mayweather to fight. Everyone falls into his trap and boxes.

There's a reason Mayweather avoided a prime Marg 5 years ago at 147, he knows that is the toughest style to deal with. Not saying Marg would have won, he just like to slow the fight down to his pace.
        ****in cowboys.

That said, thats not the right way to beat floyd. Canelo could've kept punching and missing. tht would've made his defense even worse and then he likely gets KTFO.

Floyd is just on a completely different level and Canelo got too frustrated and depressed nt being able to hit him.

Comment

I agree non stop pressure style is the way to go, also think kiko martinez style, who right now at 147/154 can do that for 12 rounds?

Comment

oh lord.. Not the Margarito stuff..At the end of the day, I'm not saying you can beat mayweather with pressure..I believe if you keep coming and get tired you would get Ko'd or stopped..IE Hatton.. Any way with that Said Hatton is the only fighter that kept coming, all else di what Mayweather said they do..They stop punching cause they didn't want to get knocked out.. At least Hatton went out on his shield

Comment

Plan after 4 rounds of fighting Mayweather..

DON"T GET KNOCKED OUT.. I don't care how feather fisted you guys think he is.. the guys that fight him don't!!

Comment

Everyone claims to have the blueprint to beat Floyd.

Usually its pressure, pressure, pressure. You realise if he tried that he would of got even more fu.cked up, right?
                Everytime he tried to pressure, he got made to miss & countered to death.

Do this, do that, he can't for a start, its not in him and it would of played further into Floyds hands. The guy could of had a damn lumphammer in each hand, he still wasn't doing ****.
                Just like Donaire vs Rigo, different levels. Two totally different classes of fighters.

It doesn't matter what they do, outside of a million to one shot they're never going to win.
                Last edited by dan_cov; 09-16-2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboy1983 View Post
                  oh lord.. Not the Margarito stuff..At the end of the day, I'm not saying you can beat mayweather with pressure..I believe if you keep coming and get tired you would get Ko'd or stopped..IE Hatton.. Any way with that Said Hatton is the only fighter that kept coming, all else di what Mayweather said they do..They stop punching cause they didn't want to get knocked out.. At least Hatton went out on his shield
                  LMAO!!! 3 words....

Jose Luis Castillo

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Everyone claims to have the blueprint to beat Floyd.

Usually its pressure, pressure, pressure. You realise if he tried that he would of got even more fu.cked up, right?
                    Everytime he tried to pressure, he got made to miss & countered to death.

Do this, do that, he can't for a start, its not in him and it would of played further into Floyds hands. The guy could of had a damn lumphammer in each hand, he still wasn't doing ****.
                    The idea is to constantly pressure and hope that Floyd gets more tired than you are "****ed up" and that you have enough left to take advantage. That gives you a chance. Boxing Floyd gives you zero chance. Even without the pressure you could tell Floyd was tired in the chanpionship rounds. Imagine what alot more energy expenditure woulda done? Simple.

Comment

Working...
                    X