Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Anderson Silva Go For the LHW Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Anderson Silva Go For the LHW Title?

Should he gun for the Light Heavyweight title? I mean, he's not getting any younger.

He don't want to fight Jones or Machida....

Comment

I'd rather he not.

Don't want to see a career of a legend being ruined by a lose to Jones.

then you'll have all these idiots in these forums saying things like:
      "Silva was always overrated"
      "Silva never fought a real fighter in his career until Jones and now he's been exposed"
      "Silva's a bum that was protected by Dana his whole career"

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        I'd rather he not.

"Silva never fought a real fighter in his career until Jones and now he's been exposed"
        They already say all of that.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          They already say all of that.....
          Lmao bahahaha

Comment

I'd rather he not.

I've been watching MMA since pride and I kinda agree with this one.

If Anderson can take a fight with Forrest at 205, why doesn't he fight for the title? He only wants easy fights and 185 is the best division to get them. GSP is more proven than Anderson and I'm not a Jackson's fighter fan.

Chael lost to Bisping and never deserved the rematch.
            Okami didn't deserve a title shot after a draw against Marquardt.
            Belfort didn't deserve a title shot after a win at 195lb catchweight against Rich Franklin.

List of cans fed to Anderson: Thales Leites, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Chris Leben.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Tribe View Post
              I've been watching MMA since pride and I kinda agree with this one.

If Anderson can take a fight with Forrest at 205, why doesn't he fight for the title? He only wants easy fights and 185 is the best division to get them. GSP is more pr oven than Anderson and I'm not a Jackson's fighter fan.

Chael lost to Bisping and never deserved the rematch.
              Okami didn't deserve a title shot after a draw against Marquardt.
              Belfort didn't deserve a title shot after a win at 195lb catchweight against Rich Franklin.

List of cans fed to Anderson: Thales Leites, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Chris Leben.
              Those are not cans.

its all perspective. fighters are only as big as the public perceives them to be. you can look at any one of Silva's opponents and see them as world class talent or as bums. You can swing it any which way. And because Silva has been easily dominating his opponents, its even easier to make them seem like "cans".

All of Silva's title defenses have been against really good fighters who worked their way up to fight for the title. They are all worthy top class contenders.

And why does he need to go to LHW to prove something? Everyone already knows hes a better striker than anyone in MMA. The only thing that going up to LHW will prove is if he could handle even bigger and stronger wrestlers. And we all know he can't. He could barely handle Chael on the ground, no way he will be able to handle Rashad or Jones' takedowns. His size and strength is made for MW. IMO he doesn't have to move up to prove anything.

Comment

It's long been the case that Silva's real challenges for the most part are at 205. That's been the most stacked division for quite some time. If Anderson would have moved up and cleaned out the division, he could've been the GOAT.

Now, he's pushing 37. And a lot of the most meaningful fights he could've had have gone by the wayside. He could still land some meaningful fights in the division, but he'll never get back the ground he has lost by not testing the waters when he could have.

Those are not cans.
                Perhaps not, but Thales Leites, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Chris Leben are poor substitutes for Rashad Evans, Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson and John Jones.

Comment

Real talk why does everyone want to see Anderson fight a dude who is the most massive 205lb fighter ever with more reach than Lennox Lewis? Just let Silva retire he's paid his dues he's the man

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    It's long been the case that Silva's real challenges for the most part are at 205. That's been the most stacked division for quite some time. If Anderson would have moved up and cleaned out the division, he could've been the GOAT.

Now, he's pushing 37. And a lot of the most meaningful fights he could've had have gone by the wayside. He could still land some meaningful fights in the division, but he'll never get back the ground he has lost by not testing the waters when he could have.

Perhaps not, but Thales Leites, James Irvin, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Chris Leben are poor substitutes for Rashad Evans, Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rampage Jackson and John Jones.
                    Silva's current resume is good enough for me to call him to greatest of all-time. He has nothing to prove. Especially not at 37 years old.

Comment

Working...
                    X