Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Staying Put: I'm Standing By Frank Warren!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly Staying Put: I'm Standing By Frank Warren!

Promoter Frank Warren has taken a few bumps since the start of the year. Boxer Tony Bellew, George Groves and Ricky Burns have all jumped ship to promotional rival Eddie Hearn. One boxer who has no intention of leaving Warren's side is WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (25-0, 12KOs), who headlines Warren's Wembley Arena card on April 20th.

[Click Here To Read More]

i dont blame him, he will be treated like royalty, same thing with ward with goosen

Comment

"I will stay unknown forever, fighting bums but I will retire unbeaten"

Comment

I can't wait to see the look on his face when Hopkins Tax's that azz.

The fact that he feels he's got the brains to hang with Hopkins proves he has none at all.

Comment

Bad move imo. He's not fighting nearly enough and is fighting nobodies. warren doesn't have the stable of fighters now to have Cleverly fighting enough and will protect him even more now that he's lost so many fighters. Would love to see him hook up with matchroom Hearn would have him fighting more often and he'd be getting better exposure. Dont think the Hopkins fight will happen under Warren I think Cleverly will regret staying with him

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He has no choice. MatchRoom won't touch him (they have Bellew and Froch in their stable) and Hennessy can't afford him.

Comment

not a bad move. will now get the whole promational company and focus behind me. but i still think dawson/bhop beat this clown.

Comment

not a bad move. will now get the whole promational company and focus behind him. but i still think dawson/bhop beat this clown.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz
                  He has no choice. MatchRoom won't touch him (they have Bellew and Froch in their stable) and Hennessy can't afford him.
                  matchroom could still take him on see if Bellew can pick up a title and feature them on same show then make a unification rematch. that's if Bellew is good enough to pick up a belt he can't mix it with the likes of Dawson but i like the guy

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Probably a very smart move....

.....Warren will be hurting after a series of high profile and costly defections and eager to prove that he is still a major player who can put on the kind of show that brings out the casual fan as well as the boxing diehards.

This could be good news for Nathan and for Warren. They both need to make some money and some fights.

Then again, this is boxing and you can't help wondering whether Nathan has had a phone call from Hennessey or Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                    X