Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will May-Cotto be more like May-Ortiz or May-Mosley???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will May-Cotto be more like May-Ortiz or May-Mosley???

Will Mayweather-Cotto at 154 end up being more like Mayweather-Ortiz or Mayweather-Mosley????

Against Mosley, we saw Floyd get tested in the 2nd when Shane landed 2 very hard shots on Floyd. But, after that, Floyd reassumed control, and landed at will on Shane Mosley. Anytime Mosley would drop his hands at all or try to punch back, it seemed like Floyd was just tagging him at will.

Against Ortiz, Floyd had some trouble finding Victor the first 2 rounds, only landed 24 punches, which is sort of low for 2 rounds when Floyd fights. Victor's head movement seemed to help him avoid Floyd's right hand at some points. But, after the first 2 rounds, Floyd found his timing, and was tagging Victor pretty good. But, Victor still wasn't just getting completely beat down the way Mosley was after the first 2 rounds. Of course, the fight only went 4 rounds, so it very well could have ended up like Mayweather-Mosley, but we'll never know.

Do you think Mayweather-Cotto will end up more like Mayweather-Mosley, Floyd tested early but completely beating him down after the first couple rounds and tagging him at will, or more like Mayweather-Ortiz, Floyd having slight trouble early and then finds his timing, but not dominating like he did against Mosley?????

Ortiz has a longer reach and is a southpaw. I would say like Mosley but without Floyd getting tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      Ortiz has a longer reach and is a southpaw. I would say like Mosley but without Floyd getting tagged.
      Agreed, like Mosley without getting hurt,
      I should say poor Cotto but he'll be smiling start to finish.
      Money in the bank.

Comment

Mayweather-Mosley. I expect Cotto to fight very cautiously once he starts getting tagged, and maybe even as his gameplan from the beginning. So we'll see Cotto getting smacked around for 12 rounds unless Mayweather actually tries for the stoppage, which he rarely does.

Comment

floyds gonna tay in the pocket with him all night itll be exciting

Comment

Like neither.

This fight will be very different from both.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Mayweather-Mosley. I expect Cotto to fight very cautiously once he starts getting tagged, and maybe even as his gameplan from the beginning. So we'll see Cotto getting smacked around for 12 rounds unless Mayweather actually tries for the stoppage, which he rarely does.
              Agreed. I thought there were several times when Floyd could have gone for the stoppage against Mosley, but didn't. Granted, he was rocked hard twice by Shane in the 2nd, but Floyd seemed to have lost repsect for Mosley in the 2nd half of the fight. I know he was probably just slightly cautious of Mosley's power, but I felt he could have stopped him late.

I just think once Cotto starts to back up and he probably will, Floyd will have a field day. Cotto will back up and back up, than lower his hands to attempt a combo on Floyd, and will get popped every single time.

UD for Floyd.

Comment

TBH I think it could end up looking like Delahoya/Mayweather.

Comment

Like Mayweather-Gatti unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by -FLIP- View Post
                    Like Mayweather-Gatti unfortunately.
                    That's dumb as hell.

Cotto is a better opponent than Ortiz, Hatton and Mosley.

They didn't look like Gatti.

Think before you post.

Comment

Working...
                    X