No announcement yet.

Emanuel Augustus's Record in a Perfect World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Augustus's Record in a Perfect World

Emanuel Augustus is a great and very unique fighter, no one can deny that. He he has to be a top ranked contender the award for most robbed. I had him winning his last fight with Figueroa who we saw ko'd earlier. Augustus currently has a record of 38(20ko) and 30 with only 3 ko losses and one of those being by Mayweather. I was wondering in a perfect world if everything was done fair and square, what would Augustus's record look like? We already have 3 losses for sure so lets start from there.

Dude's got the charisma and the talent to be both a star and a champion. It's a goddamn shame he's got that record. I wish he had it in him to get anotha shot, but it's too late. I luv watchin him tho.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
      Dude's got the charisma and the talent to be both a star and a champion. It's a goddamn shame he's got that record. I wish he had it in him to get anotha shot, but it's too late. I luv watchin him tho.

I know I can't even think of a boring fight he was in.....and else who can win a fight while doing some crazy dance the whole time.

Comment

He one of the best despite his record its just all that clowning he did that messed him up.I understand its a business an as a boxer you like to entertain the crowd but not on the expense of your own foolishness!!!

Comment

its ridiculous that I can say That Onesidededly 10 of those losses were complete robberies blatantly... I'm pretty sure more than 10.. But I've seen him and some very bad decisions.. it seems like I always see him in bad decisions..

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            I agree with Manger...again.
            As for his record I'm not familiar with all of the fights he's had just the more high profile ones. But it sounds like he tends to get "jobbed" in a lot of his fights by prejudiced hard ass judges who dont like his style or by pain in the ass referees that make it personal for him.

In all honesty and I aint bull****tin...I think Emmanuel Augustus was ahead of his time and got persecuted for it. There is no way that a guy that can fight like that should be 38-30.
            Part of it too has to be the fact that he has stepped in to a lot of fights on late notice , but overall its a waste of a damn good fighter.

Comment

Although entertaining. Calling Emmanuel Augustus "great" is absurd. Yes he's been the victim of more than a few bad decisions, but regardless he's not a worldclass fighter. I'd put him in the category of "fringe contender", which he rightfully is.

It sounds like you guys are ridiculously overrating Augustus.
              Last edited by deliveryman; 04-04-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

sentimentality can do that to you, people do the same thing with johnson

Comment

Working...
                X