Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn I wish Thomas Sowell was 10 years younger.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn I wish Thomas Sowell was 10 years younger.

One of the most brilliant minds alive today. If he was 10 years younger, I'd quit my job and campaign for him to be president. Can't believe he's never been asked to run.

No Thomas Sowell fans out there, huh?

Bunch of racists.

Comment

Love these kinds of interviews. They challenge your own view and you can draw a lot of knowledge from these men. watching it atm

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        Love these kinds of interviews. They challenge your own view and you can draw a lot of knowledge from these men. watching it atm
        I wish I had discovered him sooner. Don't think there's anyone else I can think of that I agree with as much.

Comment

I've never heard of this person however, I'm definitely going to purchase his book.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            No Thomas Sowell fans out there, huh?

Bunch of racists.
            Thomas Sowell is the man. Brilliant.

Comment

Inspiring credentials: His dad died before he was born, dropped out of High School, got his GED, was drafted into the military, attended Howrad university, and transferred to Harvard, graduated with high honors, and earned numerous awards.

The man is worth at least listening to.

Comment

Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  One of the most brilliant minds alive today. If he was 10 years younger, I'd quit my job and campaign for him to be president. Can't believe he's never been asked to run.

Isn't Sowell himself an intellectual? Based on his own definition that would appear to be the case. And much of the conversation is dedicated to the idea that "intellectuals" are rarely if ever best suited to lead. So I'm not sure what the point is. Intellectuals are best suited to point out the faults and weaknesses of other intellectuals? Only an intellectual can properly laud the achievements of a non-intellectual? That's pretty insular and totally ouroboros-like. Smart dude for sure but, as he himself would no doubt say, so what?

Comment

I just bought Sowell's Black Rednecks and White Liberals book last week. Gonna start reading it soon.

Anyone on here read it already?

Comment

Working...
                    X