Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton should stick to his guns and stuff Pac-Man if he does not accept 50-50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton should stick to his guns and stuff Pac-Man if he does not accept 50-50

"I can't see where Pacquiao's coming from because without Ricky Hatton, what's he going to do?" said Williams.

"He's not going to be involved in a fight that will generate the same income as fighting Ricky Hatton.

"A fight with Mayweather won't generate the same money because Hatton brings all his fans and UK TV money.

"There's only so much you get out of a fight in America in terms of gate, and you're not going to get any more out of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight than for a Pacquiao-Hatton fight.

"And when Hatton fought Mayweather, the crowd was predominately Hatton fans, and when Pacquiao fought Oscar de la Hoya, the crowd were mainly De la Hoya fans.

"Manny is massive in the Philippines, but thousands of Filipinos aren't going to travel to Las Vegas or pay £15 a head to watch it on pay-per-view.

"Do they honestly believe Pacquiao-Mayweather is going to do significantly more pay-per-view figures than a Pacquiao-Hatton fight? I don't think it will.

"But the ball's in their court. We think we're being reasonable and we're not going to be messed about."

If negotiations for Hatton-Pacquiao do collapse, Williams said Hatton would most likely fight in the UK in the summer instead.

from bbc website!

Originally posted by KEV-WEED View Post
    "I can't see where Pacquiao's coming from because without Ricky Hatton, what's he going to do?" said Williams.
    more like without pacquiao, what's hatton gonna do

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
      He has plenty of options.

He should fight in the UK, have an American or other foreign fighter come to him.

Comment

Ricky Hatton should just stay and fight in England filling out Wembley for the remainder of his career and retire a very rich and happy man. He has a big enough fan base overthere to stuff his bank account. He should just forget all about that whole BOXING LEGACY B.S. if that's not what he's really about... so yeah he can go tell Manny to f*** off.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
          Exactly.
          Big name fighters like Magarito,Cotto,Berto and others are all calling out Pacquiao.
          Pac can get more credit and make as much money with these guys .

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
            Exactly.
            Big name fighters like Magarito,Cotto,Berto and others are all calling out Pacquiao.
            Pac can get more credit and make as much money with these guys .
            if paquiao is unhappy with a 50-50 split he will not make that up with anyone of those opponents, hatton has far to much money to bring to this fight and that is why he should be entitled to exactly half of it!!!!

i respect paquiao and would love to see the fight but come on 60-40 is just unfair!!! and unjustifiable!

Comment

if paquiao is unhappy with a 50-50 split he will not make that up with anyone of those opponents, hatton has far to much money to bring to this fight and that is why he should be entitled to exactly half of it!!!!

i respect paquiao and would love to see the fight but come on 60-40 is just unfair!!! and unjustifiable!
              60-40 is justifiable. pac is the face of boxing and p4p #1. If hatton wants the fight he has to be willing to pay for it. if hatton doesnt fight pac his fall back plan is to fight other 140 lbers with no name recognition. pac on the other hand can fight any of the best 147 lbers out there who are the elite of the sport not just their division. hatton must concede to make this fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                60-40 is justifiable. pac is the face of boxing and p4p #1. If hatton wants the fight he has to be willing to pay for it. if hatton doesnt fight pac his fall back plan is to fight other 140 lbers with no name recognition. pac on the other hand can fight any of the best 147 lbers out there who are the elite of the sport not just their division. hatton must concede to make this fight happen.
                hatton has a massive uk fan base that would encourage fights in the uk. he will make up his losses fighting in the uk.

Comment

hatton has a massive uk fan base that would encourage fights in the uk. he will make up his losses fighting in the uk.
                  yeah hatton will make money, but his legacy will still be getting KTFO by floyd mayweather.

Comment

I dont care if its 90-10 to pac-man. I wanna see the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X