Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just rewatched perennial NSB favourite Hopkins-Calzaghe. The loser was...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just rewatched perennial NSB favourite Hopkins-Calzaghe. The loser was...

... me, for watching that dogshit.

Fuck me, that was bloody awful. Hopkins would be good as a nightclub bouncer... he's always able to stop a fight breaking out.

Best moment of the bout was Slapsie pretending to bum him... the bits either side were like pouring bleach into your eyes.

Bore Hard looked unfortunate not to get the nod, but he also looked like a mauling, headbutting ****tard. He did land clean, accurate blows throughout much of the fight, but if you tally up his shots against his Ruizesque mauls, then he scored higher on grab-u-box.

I guess my score added up to around 114-113 Hopkins, though four rounds were so ****ing terrible they could have gone either way.

Obviously by saying this, what I really mean is I scored it 118-109 Calzaghe, cos I'm a bias Brit, lamo, PWN! All Brit's our bias... we just can't help it. Not like you objective 14 year old Fat Yanks who couldn't even master third grade English. NSB is full of the best, God love you.

But no, a close fight. The only thing that wasn't close was viewer interest. If Hopkins wants to put opponents to sleep he should just show them his highlight reel.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Fuck me, that was bloody awful. Hopkins would be good as a nightclub bouncer... he's always able to stop a fight breaking out.

Best moment of the bout was Slapsie pretending to bum him... the bits either side were like pouring bleach into your eyes.

Bore Hard looked unfortunate not to get the nod, but he also looked like a mauling, headbutting ****tard. He did land clean, accurate blows throughout much of the fight, but if you tally up his shots against his Ruizesque mauls, then he scored higher on grab-u-box.

I guess my score added up to around 114-113 Hopkins, though four rounds were so ****ing terrible they could have gone either way.

Obviously by saying this, what I really mean is I scored it 118-109 Calzaghe, cos I'm a bias Brit, lamo, PWN! All Brit's our bias... we just can't help it. Not like you objective 14 year old Fat Yanks who couldn't even master third grade English. NSB is full of the best, God love you.

But no, a close fight. The only thing that wasn't close was viewer interest. If Hopkins wants to put opponents to sleep he should just show them his highlight reel.
    Not as boring as your posts. Talk about a dry snooze fest jeez, you been putting nsb to sleep for years man. Time to find a new schtick.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

Booyah. ZING!

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        Not as boring as your posts. Talk about a dry snooze fest jeez, you been putting nsb to sleep for years man. Time to find a new schtick.
        Sorry man, I guess routines about Floyd beating woman are just the in thing now, right?

How's that March 2012 join date holding up? This an alt?

Comment

You should link this thread to daggum. He'd have a field Day.

Comment

I like both guys, but it really was a **** fight. Not a clean or clear win either way, yet people really get worked up about this one.

Comment

It's been awhile but somebody on youtube or a blog or something made an in depth punch by punch study of that fight and Hopkins apparently landed 20 or 30 more punches than Calzaghe. Biggest endictment on compubox I've seen. Wish I could remember where I found that.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                It's been awhile but somebody on youtube or a blog or something made an in depth punch by punch study of that fight and Hopkins apparently landed 20 or 30 more punches than Calzaghe. Biggest endictment on compubox I've seen. Wish I could remember where I found that.
                this fight is a great example of how inaccurate compubox can be. two guys with clickers in real time is just plain faulty. I really wish they would rewatch the tapes of fights and release official numbers.

Comment

Calzaghe won it clearly, but as with every Hopkins fight, it was a forgettable piece of trash.

Hopkins has no place being on tv, especially pay cable.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    It's been awhile but somebody on youtube or a blog or something made an in depth punch by punch study of that fight and Hopkins apparently landed 20 or 30 more punches than Calzaghe.
                    doesn't necessarily mean that hopkins won the fight however, as we score boxing by rounds.

i agree that compubox is **** though.

Comment

Working...
                    X