Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Manny Pacquiao vs. Saul Alvarez at 154 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins: Manny Pacquiao vs. Saul Alvarez at 154 Lbs.

the fight can happen at 154 lbs if alvarez is not willing to go down to 150 though i'm not so sure it's a good idea for pacquiao to go beyond 150 lbs since he himself said that the worst punishment he's ever had to take was during the margarito fight which was at an agreed weight of 150 lbs. but what the heck, this is pacquiao were talking about, he's always had to fight significantly bigger opponents his entire boxing career and ultimately win in very convincing fashion.

i see the fight with alvarez to be a very thrilling and cagey fight, a chess match at first where they initially feel each other out but as the fight goes on, and if pacquiao is still able to throw an average of 100 punches per round just like he used to do, then alvarez has no chance but get bullied by pacquiao and might either end with a TKO in pacquiao's favor or in a form of a UD.

your thoughts?

Pacquiao ain't fighting at 154, but i do believe the pac that beat margarito at 150 can beat canelo pretty easily. Yes canelo can hurt pac since he's a solid 154 pounder, but I think pac's chin and speed will carry him. Canelo before has been hurt by the likes of Jose Cotto, He'll get lost against Pac. and fighters who wants to go for the kill are perfect for Pac. Movers and counter punchers are not.

at present time its 50/50 unless Pac shows he still has it next time.

Comment

Canelo by K.O/TKO

The size and strength differential would be ridiculous.

Comment

Don't you think Pacquiao is a bit big for Canelo?

Comment

Pac would probably batter Canelo with speed at least early. The danger part is Canelo is young and fresh and can crack to the body. Would be interesting. Canelo would do a better job getting to Pacs body than Margarito did. At what cost though.

Comment

Canelo by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
              the fight can happen at 154 lbs if alvarez is not willing to go down to 150 though i'm not so sure it's a good idea for pacquiao to go beyond 150 lbs since he himself said that the worst punishment he's ever had to take was during the margarito fight which was at an agreed weight of 150 lbs. but what the heck, this is pacquiao were talking about, he's always had to fight significantly bigger opponents his entire boxing career and ultimately win in very convincing fashion.

i see the fight with alvarez to be a very thrilling and cagey fight, a chess match at first where they initially feel each other out but as the fight goes on, and if pacquiao is still able to throw an average of 100 punches per round just like he used to do, then alvarez has no chance but get bullied by pacquiao and might either end with a TKO in pacquiao's favor or in a form of a UD.

your thoughts?

Ah yeah, that's just not true. Pac is a very solid, natural 140/147 pounder who was naturally bigger than nearly everyone he faced from 135 down. If he wasn't physically taller, which he was most of the time, he was much more solid and weighed significantly more. It's actually Pac that has been the bigger guy most of his career up until he got into the 140 and up divisions. Maybe you've forgotten he used to weigh in as a bloody welterweight while fighting at featherweight. That's like Chavez today at middle!

Comment

Pacquiao only really has difficulty with fighters going backwards, he would turn Saul's face an odd shade of orange & red.

Let's not forget, Jose Cotto had Canelo hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post

your thoughts?

don't forget to add the asterick next to the accomplishments. they were either coming off loses,weight drained,or already beaten by mayweather

Comment

If pac could even get to 154 which he cant, Alvarez would destroy him. But knowing pac, he'll ask for a catch weight to fight for the title. That in My opinion is bull*****.

Comment

Working...
                    X