Chavez defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez defense

Good video on how good Chavez defense was

It's awesome how it looks like he is doing it in slow motion and they still can't hit him

Comment

I never realized how good he was with head movement and making them miss or rolling with the punches, very underrated defense.

This video Sums it up faster haha

Last edited by Pennywise X; 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pennywise X;12842069]I never realized how good he was with head movement and making them miss or rolling with the punches, very underrated defense.

This video Sums it up faster haha

I still remember my Pa' telling me all this stuff, but I was too young to understand it. Chavez was skilled for sure; I still remember watching & rewinding the damn tape vs ODLH cause my "brother from another mother" was a huge Oscar fan. Sucks when awesome warriors are brought down to reality... but only due to father time. Right?

Comment

I still remember my Pa' telling me all this stuff, but I was too young to understand it. Chavez was skilled for sure; I still remember watching & rewinding the damn tape vs ODLH cause my "brother from another mother" was a huge Oscar fan. Sucks when awesome warriors are brought down to reality... but only due to father time. Right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah..but I think ODLH was still a bad matchup Chavez IMHO is too small for 147lbs, JCC was past it by the time he fought ODLH, Fyi Chavez towards the end of his career/prime became an abuser of alcohol and drugs (cocaine) and excessive partying those deteriorated his skills faster, when he fought Tsyu and ODLH he was just a shell of his former self and a prima donna he even fought dirty vs Tsyu.

A 100% focused JCC is a genuine ATG
          -Iron Chin, Iron Will. Not flashy or fast but he beat u down.

Comment

I hate when people call Chavez a face first brawler. He had very good head movement. His face was clean and unmarked after the Meldrick Taylor fight even though Chavez lost 9 or 10 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              Good video on how good Chavez defense was

He also had a great defense when he was coming forward especially early in his career. He used to remind me of an early Duran. Very under-rated defense and the reason that their career went so long. The would catch punches on their gloves or roll with the punch, good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertoDelRio View Post
                I hate when people call Chavez a face first brawler. He had very good head movement. His face was clean and unmarked after the Meldrick Taylor fight even though Chavez lost 9 or 10 rounds.
                Who ever says that Chavez was a face first brawler doesn't know what they are talking about. He used to cut the ring masterfully and also used to have a lead sneaky right hand the he used to land time to time.

Most ppl saw him at the end of his career when he was absorbing too many blows

Comment

Working...
                X