Oh snap...! Gamboa vs Peterson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh snap...! Gamboa vs Peterson?

http://www.fight hype.com/news/article13271.html

According to this it does seem like 50 is working with Arum and Pacquiao and looks like we might get Gamboa vs Peterson (Anthony)?

Theres another article on the main page where it says Gamboa and Dirrell took money from 50 when they signed and thats probably why they might not be crossing over to Mayweather Promotions.

All of the sudden things are looking up for Gamboa again. But I thought Anthony Peterson was a 140 lber?

Come on BScene get us some insight on this!

Saw this last night. Would love it. Who you got?

Comment

I read that too. Good fight. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB
        Saw this last night. Would love it. Who you got?
        What do you mean? That cant be a serious question.

I gotta go with Gamboa of course. Im not a huge believer of "size matters" when it comes to boxing. Maybe in certain match ups. When you're good and you know how to use your tools you'll find a way to win. And on top of that I never thought very highly of the Peterson brothers.

So I just checked and Anthony is a 140lber. Seems like this nutcase (Gamboa) is skipping out 130 and 135. Altho I wouldve loved to see him grab that Salgado belt.

The down side of Gamboa working with Arum again is that we might not see Gamboa-Broner.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Wait so Gamboa is signed with 50 and not Mayweather Promotions?

I'm so lost right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

According to this it does seem like 50 is working with Arum and Pacquiao and looks like we might get Gamboa vs Peterson (Anthony)?

Theres another article on the main page where it says Gamboa and Dirrell took money from 50 when they signed and thats probably why they might not be crossing over to Mayweather Promotions.

All of the sudden things are looking up for Gamboa again. But I thought Anthony Peterson was a 140 lber?

Yeah it's looking bright for Gamboa and no, Anthony is a lightweight because the Petersons didn't want to be on the same division. Remeber he lost to Rios at 135 and beat Atah at 135ish.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Wait so Gamboa is signed with 50 and not Mayweather Promotions?

I'm so lost right now.
              TMT taKin OvA *****!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes-
                Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Yeah it's looking bright for Gamboa and no, Anthony is a lightweight because the Petersons didn't want to be on the same division. Remeber he lost to Rios at 135 and beat Atah at 135ish.
                Yea I remember that fight but Boxrec has him listed as Light Welter now. I guess cause his last fight was a catchweight so it seems.

@PBP
                Gamboa was never with Mayweather Promotions. He originally signed with 50 and according to the other article he took some money. I guess some type of "bonus"? The article also says Caballero had his contract redone to go with Mayweather but the other guys couldnt apparently cause of the money they took.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

I gotta go with Gamboa of course. Im not a huge believer of "size matters" when it comes to boxing. Maybe in certain match ups. When you're good and you know how to use your tools you'll find a way to win. And on top of that I never thought very highly of the Peterson brothers.

So I just checked and Anthony is a 140lber. Seems like this nutcase (Gamboa) is skipping out 130 and 135. Altho I wouldve loved to see him grab that Salgado belt.

The down side of Gamboa working with Arum again is that we might not see Gamboa-Broner.

LOL. Dead serious question bro. Gamboa has been very inactive and though he's talented, I just don't know what we will get from him as a comeback fight. And I agree with you, I was never too high on the Peterson brothers, I thought they were tough fighters, but always thought they could be better. But they aren't terrible at all. Guess we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

LOL. Dead serious question bro. Gamboa has been very inactive and though he's talented, I just don't know what we will get from him as a comeback fight. And I agree with you, I was never too high on the Peterson brothers, I thought they were tough fighters, but always thought they could be better. But they aren't terrible at all. Guess we will see.
                    Oh I said that cause I thought everyone knew how I roll with my countrymen around here.

And you sound like my bro right now doubting Gamboa. You know what, can Bradley make 140? Lets get Bradley-Gamboa going after.

Here's the link to the other article:
                    http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13270.html

Comment

Working...
                    X