No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Top Rank Starting To Mend The Fences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Top Rank Starting To Mend The Fences

There appears to be healing process in the shaky relationship between Top Rank and former featherweight champion Yuriokis Gamboa. Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum had advised BoxingScene.com that Gamboa will be ringside at the MGM Grand on Saturday night, as Manny Pacquiao defends his WBO welterweight title against Timothy Bradley in the main event.

[Click Here To Read More]

Shame Bob Arum but you only lost 70k in the process of promoting the fight. Bloodsucking ego maniac. I think Gamboa should leave Top Skank.
    Last edited by Craveman; 06-07-2012, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I don't care who he's promoted by I just wanna see dude box. I love watching him box he's prob the most talented fighter in the world!

Comment

I think Yuri saw what he and his lawyers are up against (TR) and are now changing their tune.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
          I think Yuri saw what he and his lawyers are up against (TR) and are now changing their tune.
          This, and right now it's just the best viable option. If he was to go through the whole legal process sorting out this Top Rank/Arena Boxing mess, it can be another 2 years before he enters a ring again. He's already in his 30s, and thats not a good look. Severing his ties with Top Rank can also potentially affect his career even if he does join GoldenBoy or some other promotion company.

Comment

This whole thing it's still a big ol' puzzle.

Word was that Oner put Gamboa with Top Rank without Gamboa's permission and he obviously didn't sound happy with neither one of them so Idk wtf is going on. I just hope he doesn't sign no extensions with these bastards once his contract is finishing up. Gamboa and the Money Team might just be feeding Top Rank some bs just trying to mend things up like the title says and finish up his contract.

I don't really like Mayweather but I like Arum and Top Rank even less so I rather see Gamboa with Mayweather. He would probably get more exposure in his PPVs anyway.

Comment

whatever he can do to get back in the ring, do it. just don't sign anymore extensions if he really isn't happy being at top rank. time is ticking for gamboa, he shouldn't have gotten in this mess in the first place but what can you do now. hope everything works out for him and we can see him fight as soon as possible.

Comment

Dude needs to get back in the ring as soon as possible.

Comment

Win - Win for both

Ask for the right $, and get back to boxing.

Comment

As much as I want to see Gamboa go the Mayweather route and get out from under TR, I want to see him fight first and more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X